1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Downpressure rules!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ProSeasons, Dec 20, 2008.

1. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

The old SnoMan stepped up yesterday with clean scrapes down to the pavement after a pre treat of dry salt. I like to use the least amount of salt I can get away with. I suppose if I upgraded my crappy little spreader it would be a bit more enjoyable. I not cheap, just lazy.:D

Downpressure is awesome, though, especially at the rear of the rig, so I can drive around my lots at 40 mph and rip up ice!
    I still want an Ebling. And a bigger spreader. Okay, I said it.
  2. Freddy130

Freddy130 Senior Member

Lets see some pictures of this beast!:drinkup:

3. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

first real snowplow day in RI today and my 7'6" fisher x-blade stainless could have really used that downpressure. for my next truck/plow setup in 2-3 years what is a good plow with downpressure? I love fisher but doubt that they make one.
  4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Other then back plows the only company is SNOWAY
  5. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Pro Seasons...I like that set up you on the back end of the truck...I too use a rear plow and yes Its great for doing a clean scrape...mine hooks to the rear trailer hitch receiver...I think yours mounts in the truck bed? ...I may fab a hook up for a tailgate salter on one truck
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

my buddy just scraped about half of his 3/8 inch cutting edge off in the last 3 storms using DP...

I told him to lay off of it...lol and to also buy a 1/2 edge.
  7. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Holy smokkes ...Your buddy was on the button big time LOL
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

He probably zoned out, and left it on for a good 6 hours...lol

With snoways you can just hit the button, and it'll stay on untill you hit the dp button again.
  9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I run the DP on my Sno-Way ALOT and have had the same cutting edge for 3 years.
    I do 40+ accounts.
  10. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Europe has had us beat on snowplow technology for decades. Downpressure is a common feature on Schmidt, Assaloni, Beilack etc.

Multi section blades are the norm. I had an Assaloni 10' plow w/ 8 separate trip/cutting edges and a Schmidt w/ a 4 section floating moldboard.

As for mounts most trucks use a "front plate" in DIN size 3 or 5 so that swapping different brands, plows, blowers, chippers, mowers, implements is easy. (Think Bobcat quick attach system)

Assaloni has come out with 2 styles of extendable plows. http://www.assaloni.com/
    Site is also in English.

No financial interest, just wish I had one of those extending plows....
  11. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

guess ill have to live without it!! :realmad:
  12. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

They sure spell Plow funny. :jester:

I really like their V-plow. The center actually looks like it would hold up and not leave trails. I hope a American company starts making them like that.
  13. blakerugg

blakerugg Senior Member

yea like fisher! ussmileyflag that vee is really nice so im thinkin stainless with downpressure is the ultimate prsport
  14. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

That link was cool! I wondered what a 'Snow Cutter' was.....
  15. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Those Europeans plows look wierd to me. But they probably work damned well.