1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

downpressure on new boss style mounts?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jrousell, Oct 27, 2006.

1. jrousell

jrousell Junior Member
    from NY

I saw a new Boss mnount that didn't use chains, but instead used a cylinder. Does it exert hydraulic Down pressure like the sno-ways do?

second question - I am about to buy a lightweight plow for a Chevy Trailblazer... anyyone knnow how much I'd have to pay for a new Boss 7' Poly straight blade setup?

Many thanks for your time!
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You don't get out much do you.. lol..:waving:

My 98RTII does not have a lift chain ether!!!

Only Son-way has down PSI...

Sno-Way is the only company using downpressure because they specialize in making extremely lightweight plows, so they need the downpressure in order to compensate for it. An 850lb plow doesn't need any help to back-blade, but a 450lb plow does.
    As for plow prices, prices vary wildly depending on your location, dependent primarily on competition in your area. If theres only 1 boss dealer within a 2 hour drive, you are going to pay a lot more than you will if there are 12 dealers. Such is life.

Adam Caron
    Parts Manager
    Wright Trailers
    Seekonk, Ma
  4. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC Senior Member

if you want a snoway, I can get you an awesome deal on a new one.
    that no dealer can touch or even come close to.
    I'm talking under 3k.
    it comes with all the bells but you have to install it yourself.
    it comes right from the factory.
    if your interested pm me.