1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

downeaster will not stay running

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by go plow, Feb 10, 2011.

1. go plow

go plow Senior Member

I was wondering if anyone knew why my sander will not stay running when cold? it starts right up.then i have to play with the choke until its warm to keep it running, it stalls and spudders when cold, it takes me 10min or so to get it warm enough to spread sand and after that, it runs great! i have been just dealing with it, but when im sitting there trying to keep it running it makes me look bad. lol it has the briggs 13.5 hp on it i think. i just put a new carb on it in DEC. and the reason i did that was because i cleaned the old one and it still did it, the dealer told me that with the new plastic parts in the carbs, they just dont last. i changed the plug and it helped but it still doesnt want to stay running, the dealer did adjust the carb for me, when i was there for a diff. repair and no luck... thanks for your help...
  2. daninline

daninline Senior Member

maybe the timing is off a little bit, did anything jam up the motor at all, might of broke the wooddrift key, easy fix
    or the valves need a ajustment if there ajustable
  3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

turn the mixture screws out a bit.