1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

downeaster spreader controls?

Discussion in 'DownEaster' started by bow2no1, Oct 29, 2008.

1. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i just bought a used down easter spreader, the controls have a direct plug to the spreader.
    from the back side of the box there is a black and white wire. what are they for?

2. DownEaster

DownEaster Sponsor

wiring answer

Black is Power and White is Ground.

3. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

the sander was bought from you guys has your decal on it.

i realize they are power wires, but for what?
    are they just to light up the controls?

the only switch that works right now is to turn the engine off....
    this rig has been sitting around for a while, so i'm going to take off all the connections clean and replace what is nessary.

the engine runs when started manually, and shut off by the switch thats it.

also how do you guys route the controls in to the cab? i figure easiest with rear sliding window, but my rear window is solid.

4. DownEaster

DownEaster Sponsor

wiring problem

I would suggest looking for a plug in the lower rear of th cab or under the floor. If not you will have to drill and get a grommet. As far as the wiring, I'm assuming it's a gas spreader?
    If so, I can fax you over a wirning diagram if you give me your number. Did you buy this used? We can send you the manual if you don't have one. If you can't fix it using the wiring diagram, call us at 207-729-5101. It's easier to talk with you than e-mailing, we will gladly talk you thru it. Thanks David

5. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

cool, thanks
    yep gas 2 yard i think it's a 10hp
    yep, just bought it used. it was origanally bought by the town of boothbay harbor.

6. JDT

JDT Member

Have you had a chance to use this tailgate spreader you bought? If you did, do you like it so far? If you haven't, can you please keep us posted on how you like it...maybe show a video or picture of it in action? Thank you!

7. bow2no1

bow2no1 Senior Member

i don't have a tailgate spreader... i have a 2 yard full bed type.
    i haven't used it yet. i'm going to do a little rest repair. i think i have some bad grounds the clutch isn't engaging or anything else isn't working for that matter. just the engine runs.

i'm gonna cut the rust out and weld in new sections.