1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DownEaster Poly

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by TRO, Jul 24, 2009.

1. TRO

TRO Junior Member

Anybody have any experience with the poly spreaders? I am looking at the DownEaster poly 1.8 yd hydraulic drive.
    Any information would be appreciated.

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I have the PolyCaster, two seasons behind me. So far so good. If you back into a tree, you WILL crack the poly housing. I can still use mine because it is double wall, I would check the single wall over closely. Have a bumper built to slide in your reese hitch to help protect the sander. I would probably go electric rather than deal with a gas engine. I don't personally own any Downeaster equipment. They are very popular though, especially around here. I have heard others say that some of the engineering is not the best. I would look it over closely and compare to other brands before purchasing.