1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Downeaster Insert Spreader Control

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by spunkmeyer, May 4, 2010.

1. spunkmeyer

spunkmeyer Junior Member
    from NE US

I'm looking at buying a Downeaster dump insert and tailgate spreader. I've done a bunch of research on this over the last few months, and I found a thread on here where a few people recommended getting a different controller than the factory offered. Now that I'm close to actually buying, I can't find those threads.

So, any suggestions on controllers for this setup?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

If you would like a price on a stainless insert and spreader PM me I have one

4. spunkmeyer

spunkmeyer Junior Member
    from NE US

Columbialand: PM sent

Basher, I was under the impression that the buyers unit is a new peice of equipment for them, whereas the downeaster has been around long enough to work the kinks out. I'd rather not buy something in its first year of production, otherwise I'd definitely be interested. Has anyone had any experience with the buyers spreader?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes new piece of equipment. None of the pats are new. They went to the parts bin and used existing controls, motors , etc in a differant configuation then before but still proven components. the differance is the standard duel controls instead of a straight on/off switch or an optional spinner only control. We(at least I) are waiting on pricing for the spreader but I woould be greatly surprised if it wasn't cheaper then the Downeaster.