1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Downeaster Dump Insert / Tailgate spreader Combo

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by NEUSWEDE, Oct 28, 2006.

1. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

2006 Downeaster Dump insert used only 10 months with Downeaster Tailgate spreader. Spreader is 3 years old new spinner motor works perfect.

Must pick-up and I will install for you. Located Portland, ME

PM e-mail address for pictures.

2. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

If I may ask, why are you selling it? and how much salt have you been able to put in it and lift, with out any problems?

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

6ft or 8 ft?

4. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

8ft

Will hold about 2 yards of sand/salt

5. dsc

dsc Junior Member

Is the spreader the stainless model or carbon steel? Any pics? Are you willing to seperate? Already have dumper.
    thanks
    I saw your pics and other thread, very interested

Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  6. padude2004

padude2004 Junior Member

me too!

i was very interested to; however dylon does not answer his cell phone nor return any calls to him about his items for sale!!

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I will seperate spreader and insert. The spreader just got a new spinner motor because when I pulled it out this fall it seem kinda sluggish. It is in perfect shape there is surface rust but nothing major. Pictures are at: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lippo...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

This is local pick-up only I will not ship, I just don't have the time for it. I can meet you part way but I will charge more depending on how far I have to go.

8. dsc

dsc Junior Member

Would like to talk
    My email contact: kc8cbj@yahoo.com

9. The Cutting Edg

The Cutting Edg Junior Member
    from east

still got this spreader?