1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

+++Downeaster dump insert tailgate replacement spreader+++

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by Pristine PM ltd, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I am looking for a few of these, please let me know if you have one laying around, doesn't have to be running. Stainless preferred, but not a deal breaker.

To be clear, I don't want the dump insert, just the replacement tailgate spreader that goes on the back of the dump insert.

Thanks,

Jon

2. Pristine PM ltd

Sorry, should have said WTB in the subject.

3. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

PM sent. I have a brand new one, never installed.

4. Pristine PM ltd

just a friendly bump.

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Too bad you didnt need these last year, I could have got you several for a really good price. Call Jerre's he might have a few left. I'll pm you the number tomorrow. I bought one from him last year but the ability of getting bulk salt was a real big PITA! They seem to work well but you need one thing.....oh yeah salt!

6. Pristine PM ltd

yeah, I have his number, I will give him a call at some point. Thanks,

They have their good points and bad points, but they work for us.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I had one that I practically gave away last week. wink wink

8. Pristine PM ltd

haha, now I only need two more with the same deal!

Thanks again!

9. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I still shoulda bought that supid POS just to have.... Still a little bitter about it but it probally was for the better anyways...Jon better stop by my shop on his way back so i can see what a brand new BUTCHERED truckcraft looks like... LOL

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  10. Pristine PM ltd

haha, I will, don't worry. I am a little scared to see it as well, should have it late next week.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Your the one that talked me out of using it and then your bitter. LOL I should have called you before I sold it to Jon but Jon said he talked to you. For what you do V boxes are way better. Plus you already have 2.

12. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I know, but i still think you should have atleast tried it for 1 season tho, or ran a bag or 2 threw it just to see how well it worked... O well, its done now... And Jon makes off like the bandit... Lucky guy...

13. Pristine PM ltd

for once, most of the time I get screwed! Anyway, see you next week with my Frankenstein.