1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Downeaster dump bed

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by dieseld, Sep 10, 2007.

1. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

Does anyone have a picture of a Downeaster dump insert in a shortbed truck? I am curios to see if it hangs over the rails like a EZ Dumper does. I would like to find one that is flush to the top of the bedrails so it is not as obvious looking. I am interested in a picture with the box lowered as the website has it in the air.

2. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

I just put one in my 07 Chevy 2500HD Reg cab, it does hang over the edges like you said you didn't want it to, I will try to post a pic when I can.
    James

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Dieseld
    I had one installed in my 05 Chevy ext SB. It stops at the rear of my bed. I am out of town till sunday, will post pictures then. It a great dump bed, love having it.

Regards Mike

5. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

It looks as though the downeaster is not what I am after. I am interested in a dump insert that is not taller than the side rails of the box for a shortbed truck.

6. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Not trying to be a jerk but good luck. The point of making the rails higher then the stock bed is to protect the truck bed from damage when loading etc. Unless you have somthing custom done it will be hard to accomplish.

7. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

Ok, so at the Mid-Am show this year there was a vendor with a display of a design just for what you are seeking.

However not sure it is going to work. The design used two side ram and an equalizing value. Yes, if was make to fit under the rails fo you would not see any of the dump insert and you could even put your tailgate on.

I might be able to look up the MFG in my Mid-Am goodie bag if you are still interested.

Ron G.

8. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

That would be great if you could do that. A friend of mine has this in his Dodge long bed and you can't even tell. He can fold his tailgate up and everything, but they do not come in a shortbed from the company he got his from.