1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Downeaster customer service?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xtreem3d, Dec 27, 2010.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

anyone else have any issues getting stuff? 15 days ago i paid for a new salter that i was told was in stock and ready to ship 3 days to st. louis..after 4 phone calls to repeatedly get a tracking number i got one and was told it was shipped out expect it before x-mas...got busy with snow storm...call trucking company today only to learn it's STILL in maine , in the middle of a blizzard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's just sad....i don't think it was even built when i ordered it and asked if it was ready...............rant over
    happy holidays,

2. snowman440

snowman440 Junior Member
    from MA

Downeaster has had terrible customer service with me. I've called and e-mailed part diagrams multiple times over the last 3 weeks and I STILL haven't gotten a returned phone call. Every time I call someone says they will call me back and they never do. It's very aggravating. To top it off, the one part I got was the wrong one. USELESS.

3. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Hell, I'm only 20 minutes away from their plant and they suck... got a quote for a 2 yd ss and when I went to pu 2 days later they suddenly went up $200...... I told them to stuff it and drove 40 minute further and bought a meyers.....for less money!

4. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

The DownEaster Co as a whole stinks. Bad customer services, bad engineering, and bad choice in materials for their products.

Don't know how they are still in business. I am sure this thread will disappear soon anyway since they are sponsors

5. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i finally recieved my spreader and so far i am happy...i had the same experience as you guys with the phone calls not being returned. From an engineering standpoint the wire harness needs to be re-worked as it is too short to fit a quad/long bed and the wires to the control box are at an odd place in the harness. They made a point of saying they travel around to inspect competitors products but maybe they should stop in the competitors office's to learn about customer relations?

6. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

CS service is not something they understand there NO QUESTION. They also are not willing to listen to customer/dealer feedback in order to better their product...

I used downeaster electric stainless spreaders for years at a former employer, they were a good intro to the headache free ( compared to gas) use of electric v boxes. One thing I do remember was that we NEVER EVER bought replacement parts from them, was always better to go aftermarket......

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We currently have 3 Downeaster Salters (8 yd) and had a 16 yd in the past.
    All were custom orders.
    Aside from a hydraulic motor issue on the big one, they have been problem free units.
    Motor was replaced right away and we used the salter without problem for 7 years before selling the truck.