1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Down Pressure

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by CityGuy, Dec 30, 2008.

1. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Can anyone tell me a little more about the down pressure system. Does it work in forward as well as reverse? How good of a job does it do on hard pack snow? I am considering another truck and looking at this as an option.

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Yes our DP system will work forward plowing as well as backdragging. It is an excellent tool for scraping up hard pack.

Thanks for your interest in Sno-Way.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

DP works great in both forward and backward directions. It's very useful and often thought of as the best option for backdragging but scraping hardpack is where it really shines.

Once you have it...its tough to be without. :nod:

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm a DPD (Down Pressure Dog) you find me riding on the DP button all the time. It cuts better in hard pack, lets me run 2wd in most of conditions, it's quieter and stops "floating" when doing clean up in icy slop and running fast . On the down side it wears cutting edges a little faster and works the down pressure switch a little harder but I cannot help it,:nono: I'm a DP junkie.wesport and it's a cheap fix. A word of warning; once you have DP you'll be addicted too.

5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I use it for backdragging on my pickup, works awesome! For plowing with my isuzu npr (no 4 wheel drive) it makes all the difference in the world. At any time we feel we are loosing traction we engage the DP and we are back in business!

6. jawsjaws

jawsjaws Junior Member

Dp

I use the down pressure on my 55 driveways and I can haul!!! I used to only do 30 driveways with my Western in the same amount of time. Well worth it!!!

7. jjcc246

jjcc246 Junior Member

i do little "plow offs" with my friends with "other plows" and even the big heavy ones can't back drag or scrape like the down pressure can. I have had a snow-way since 1996 and i'm never going back.

8. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

DOes the blade have to be straight in order for DP to work ar can it be angled? Also I asume that the system can be turned off and it can be used just like a regular blade?

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Yes DP will work in any blade position. It is controlled with it's own switch on the control so you decide where and when you want to use it.