1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

down pressure

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by guardguyjer, Oct 22, 2008.

1. guardguyjer

guardguyjer Junior Member

Do all plow manufactures have plows with down pressure? How much more does this cost and is it worth it? Looking for info here on what might be a good plow for my truck. Truck is a chev 2500 crew cab.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm pretty sure snoway is the only one who has the down pressure thing in the bag. No others have it as far as I know.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Mark is correct, Snoway is the only one with actual downpressure.

And yes it's worth every penny as an upgrade when you need it. :nod:

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

And yes it is VERY worthwhile to have. Makes backdragging ALOT easier.

5. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

snoway has it patented so you wont see it on any other plows for a long time

and like everyone said WORTH EVERY PENNY!!

6. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

but the snowway plows are made out of pl,astick so take that into affact

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So are 80% of the trucks today. :rolleyes:

8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i guess you havent seen the new snoways?

have you seen the new fish it looks like the stole the snoway plow :waving:

9. linycctitan

linycctitan Senior Member

Only the smaller 22 series are available in only polycarbonate, all the other larger plows are available with poly, steel or stainless moldboards which are also alot less expensive to replace if damaged than a "traditional" style moldboard. And yes, the down pressure feature is well worth the money.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

And ironically, only the moldboard skin is "plastic"...

...just like your beloved ;) yellow colored, trip edged, poly skinned blades would be. Or any poly skinned plow for that matter. :rolleyes:

It's time to get your head out of the sand.

11. hydro_37

from iowa

Great...I see your back. 43 posts and most of them are to bash Sno-Way plows. Why don't you take your babbling and go play in a busy street.

12. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

notice he has no response......

way to go fellas!

13. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Give him a break, he's joking, he's pretending to be stupid drunk while pointing out the benefits of interchangeable moldboard material. I thought it was quite amusing.:cool:

14. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Some models are offered as polycarbonate only and some others have it available as an option. Don't trust anything that bakerc8 has to say about any plow on the market. I am convinced that he does not even know what the features and benefits are of the plow he runs, that is if he actually owns one. It doesn't appear reading his posts that he can spell let alone offer anyone on the board worth while advice as to what a good plow may be. JMO

15. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

i think we all know by now he does it to get a rise out of all of us...
    but tom is right i dont thin he knows even abot the plow that is on his truck if he even has one

16. hydro_37

from iowa

Pretty sure the most he can manage is a shovel.