1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Down pressure

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by bradman0087, Oct 8, 2008.

1. bradman0087

bradman0087 Member

I remember last year someone talking about how they used a strong arm (those things that hold you hood or hatch open) to apply down force on snow blade. I need to install that but i cannot weld.. 87 moto 4 2 wheel drive 42" cycle country i tried weight on the front rack bud di not do much.

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

3. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

looks to me like a little air shock you should be able to do something like that yourself for about half the price

4. Reb

Reb Senior Member
    from Wyoming

Sublime is right, the CC system works well, does require a winch to operate, easily attaches to CC plow and is only $100.

nbenallo33, the air shock doesn't have enough stroke to absorb the movement of the ATV syspension and get the blade very far off the ground. Instead you would use a coil over shock but then you would have to fab the mounting brackets on the ATV and plow plus the ones that have enough stroke run about $100 each and the ones I am familiar with you have to buy in pairs. The CC system is cheap compared to going the home built route.