1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Down pressure up grade?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by firelwn82, Dec 2, 2011.

1. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Does anyone wish to have down pressure on there 810 or 8100? This guy does I just don't know how to go about making it operational. Can anyone help?
  2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

It wouldn't be possible with the factory design. You'd lose the plow instead. You'd have to restrict the claw from opening somehow and I only see damage happening if you attempted that. Just my take on it.

As for dp on a Blizzard, from my experiences they weigh enough to never need it.
  3. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Basically you need to lock the lift arm to the push beam. It can be done. The other mod is basically putting the power hitch switch in the cab. With the 810 you'll need an extra connector.

Problems are if you have a drop off the plow will not drop all the way.
  4. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I love Dp. I use no extra wires to the cab,just the factory plug & extra momentary switch in controller. ;)
  5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

6. ctbman

ctbman Member

down pressure on an 810

Fastjohnny can you post how to to wire the controller for down pressure?
  7. ctbman

ctbman Member

down pressure on an 810

could you post how to wire the controller for dp