1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Down pressure question on 25D.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by Tahoe99, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

When I have my DP on and the light on the control box is on, I hear the solenoid ticking sometimes. Is that normal ?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Perfectly normal. It keeps the pressure on and at the set limit.

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

What you are hearing is the solenoid cycling. How often does it happen? On this series of plow it is not uncommon to hear the solenoid cycle every 5-10 seconds. Anything more than that could be dirt or air in the system.

4. Tahoe99

Tahoe99 Member
    from NY

About 10 sec, so it's ok.

Thanks all.

BTW, I had to plow just 2 inches last weekend, but it was partially frozen and I have no idea how you could do it without the DP ? Great feature. It did pretty good job both ways, pushing and backdragging.

How do they do it without it ?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

A lot of weight.wesport

6. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I have noticed that on my plow the pump will cycle alot more often that 5-10 seconds when the downpressure is on. Granted, I believe when you are actually pushing snow, that it may need to cycle quite often if the terrain is uneven and the plow is moving up and down alot. My plow will cycle quickly just while I am sitting in one spot. Is this a problem, and what could be happening to cause this? Thanks, Nick.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

See post below.:waving: