1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

down pressure feature

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by blkboostedtruck, Nov 27, 2008.

1. blkboostedtruck

blkboostedtruck Junior Member

my down pressure on my plow don't work! when i switch the toggle my blade raises up fully!
    what do i need to do to fix it?
    thanks Duane

2. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I don't know, since the down pressure button forces the blade down by hydraulics and yours lifts instead, I would guess your hoses are reversed or your wiring is, but I'm not a rocket scientist

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

What model Sno-Way do you own? What is the serial # on the aframe? Does the plow have a switch on the side of the pump cover for mounting assistance?

Let me know on these questions and I am sure we can help you get this figured out.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could be a couple things, I'd start with.

Wire(s) disconnected
    Failed DP coil
    Bad/stuck Dp valve

First check to see if all the wires are attached to the coils and switches under the cover.

Check the DP switch to assure power there

then check for power to and magnetism at the DP coil.
    if you have power/magnetism then you'll need to remove the valve and check to see if it's stuck. If so use a small blunt insterment to try to free it up.

As Toby4402 already commented we need to know what unit you have to be more specific.

5. blkboostedtruck

blkboostedtruck Junior Member

it's 24D102975 the previous owner mentioned that a valve was at fault! is something i can clean or does it just need to be replaced?
    Duane

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707