1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Down pressure already?

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by DomaD, Feb 24, 2016.

1. DomaD

DomaD Member

So i have a sno ex 720 lt, with the Automatixx attach and detach system, when taking plow off of truck you push knob to detach and hit the power switch which pushes the plow down to relieve pressure so you can move pin over, while doing this it completely lifts my truck up, literally doing down pressure, can we somehow simply wire this so we can utilize this downpressure while plowing? This only works while it detach mode, im sure the people who have this system know what im talking about as i hope im explaining it right, what do you think?
    JMHConstruction likes this.
  2. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Yes, all direct lift snow plows with double acting cylinders have the potential for down-pressure. This includes Sno-Way, Boss, Blizzard, SnowEx and possibly other brands that I am not aware of. While the potential exists, Sno-Way is currently the only brand with it available as a factory option.
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Call your dealer. They're the experts on these plows.
  4. DomaD

DomaD Member

I do not believe the dealer would tell me how even if they knew, due to liability etc, thats why im asking if anybody here knows how to do it
  5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That's why the Blizzard line went away and the SnowEx line came to be.

Snoway's patent expires in '16 or '17 and you will see down pressure on SnowEx plows after that.
  6. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Yea just get out and push the switch then plow away.
    Why does everyone think they need down pressure?
  7. DomaD

DomaD Member

My plow weighs 310 lbs, i have experienced bad back dragging on wet heavy snow, thats why i want down pressure. Another 250lbs of down force will definitely make a difference
  8. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

How do you calculate it will add 250 lbs and not unload 1000 lbs of sprung weight from the front of the truck and crumple your plow up
  9. DomaD

DomaD Member

I dont, im just using some examples of snow ways system.
  10. HcTruckRepairNY

HcTruckRepairNY Junior Member

Would need a relief valve to control the amount of "Down Pressure", i am a dealer for both Sno Way and Snow Ex. Unofficially i have heard of Down pressure kits coming out in the near future for Snow Ex. Unofficially of course
  11. DomaD

DomaD Member

Well, looks like my prayers have been answered, scrape maxx is now available!!! I will be putting this down pressure feature on my plow in a couple of weeks.