1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Down Easter ailgate spreader on Truck Craft aluminum insert

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by beezman, Jan 10, 2011.

1. beezman

beezman Junior Member
    from Ohio

I have a TC 120 and I was looking at putting a tailgate spreader on it. I have looked very closely at the TC 130 D icer but I did not know if anyone has used another brands model. I like the looks of the spreader that Down Easter makes for their inserts. Any thoughts and pictures would be great. Thanks

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

It is possible, but the only reason I would do it if is I needed a centre spray. The truckcraft works alot better then the downeaster. You would have to build a unit to place the downeaster on to fit the truckcraft dump.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

4. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil Member

how much was the insert and spreader all together? if you buy both together do you get a bit of a discount? if you dont mind me asking.:)

5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I paid $3200 cash for the dump insert and $3000 cash for the salter. They were both end of season last in stock items. I bought the insert in PA and did not pay tax since it was out of state and I paid cash to the dealer and I bought the salter from another dealer on the West side of Cleveland for cash also and did not pay tax on it either. I looked around for 2 months for the best deal. But if you bought this setup for retail and had to pay tax you will be paying $10k at least plus tax for the whole setup. Plus I installed them myself and saved around $400 there also. As far as performance for the salter it is working out great.

6. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

How did you get those deals?