1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Douglas Dynamics, L.L.C.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Kopper10, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

DOUGLAS DYNAMICS, L.L.C. ORDERED TO WITHDRAW CERTAIN ADVERTISING CLAIMS UNTIL TRIAL​

On February 15, 2012, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin granted a preliminary injunction relating to certain Douglas Dynamics (Fisher/Western v-snowplow) advertisements. The Court made a preliminary finding that, subject to final determination of the merits of the parties’ claims, statements that “the BOSS Power V-XT v-blade cannot trip in the V or scoop mode” and certain statements claiming or implying that users of blade-trip plows will be physically injured but users of Fisher/Western edge-trip plows will not were literally false. Accordingly, as preliminary ordered by the Court, Douglas Dynamics withdraws those advertising claims.

Jim Janik, President and CEO
    Douglas Dynamics, L.L.C.​

2. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

3. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Interesting to see where this ends up

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Never used a Boss plow but think they are still a good plow. Why doesn't Boss just put a video out of Fisher bouncing down the road. Won't stop me from buying another one. :laughing:

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Interesting that Boss took DD to court over the video.

6. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

boss plows

sounds like boss is just :cry:

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

The folks at Boss sure like to whine. I'm a member of another forum and they requested that some information regarding plows on new F150s be removed because it was inaccurate in their eyes. Who are these people? The plowing forum police? :gunsfiring:

8. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I don't care what anyone says about BOSS, but that was a pretty bold statement by DD to say what they did about the BOSS plow.

I've run a boss in the past and it trips in the Backwards V mode. And in the forward V, the wings would go backwards first and then the blade would trip.

And as for being dangerous when it trips is none-sense. There is no way anyone would be standing close enough to a moving plow to become injured when it trips.

I think BOSS has every right to do what they are doing. Basically DD was slandering BOSS plows in their original comparisons.

And, DD needs to fire some lawyers for allowing that to happen in the first place.

9. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

For some reason it won't let me play the new video

10. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I think DD looses all kinds of respectability by lying. They new it was not true when they said it and they treat us as stupid by ploying that crap on us. (course they arnt that wrong about us, some of us beleave DD):blush2:

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Subscribed...

12. Kopper10

Kopper10 Sponsor

You are also able to view the video by going directly to either the www.fisherplows.com or www.westernplows.com website. Please click on the Showroom and then the click on either the MVP Plus or the XtremeV product icon. You can view the revised video there if you are interested.

Take care.

13. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Boy Kopper, you must have some beef with DD. Isn't this the second thread you've started about this.?

14. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

boy I really want a plow from them the damn videos dont even work

15. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Boss hates to hear the truth about there Vplow

16. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Kopper you must be a boss owner or work for boss

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like he's just doing his job.

And some still think no one is paying attention. Thumbs Up

18. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

If I remember correctly, he works for DD.

19. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes he does. Just read that today, although I don't remember if I read it on this site or somewhere else.

20. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict