1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Double sun visors

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Snaaar, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

Not so much a repair issue - more like customization: My 2001 Silverado's interior sun visors, when swung against the driver door window, do not block the entire window. So I am wondering where I can get a visor product that extends to effectively block the whole length of the side window, and also has a second visor that can remain in place to block the top of the windshield. What do you think?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

blind

good luck it sounds neat but over complicated .a long time ago i saw a clip on visor that had a extendable smoked plastic visor that you could extend to make it longer or a whole there was one that just slid out of the end of the visor.i thought it was from j c Whitney!

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I have looked, and looked, and looked some more for an extendable visor. Finally one day I was in Target or Walmart and was looking at the visor mounted CD holders...figured maybe if I strapped one of those on I could slide a black piece of plastic under it and pull that in and out when needed...works like a charm. Plus I have extra CD storage now.

Buck

4. Snaaar

Snaaar Member

Good tip. It might be that I end up rigging something like that w/ the CD holder.

My brother had a Pathfinder, I think it was, that had double sun visors. If we can send probes to Jupiter, I would hope we can effectively keep the f' in sun out of our eyes in our trucks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007
  5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Yeah, all of our vehicles in the past 7 or 8 years have had the extendable visors. Chev. Blazer (2 of them), Durango, the Jeep Cherokee my wife has is equipped with them, but the truck doesn't...sucks. But I made due with the method above and works fine for me.

Buck

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2007