1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

double batterys on the hemi

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by plowboy21, Dec 13, 2007.

1. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

:help:is there anyone that knows how to hook double betterys up to the 03 hemi 2500

i have the blizzard 860sw and when i run my light bar and plow it runs the battery right down to almost shut off and i have the 160 denso alt so i was thinking of putting a second battery in my tool box running off the orignal in parallel will this work or am i missing something:eek:
  2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

No room under the hood, eh? If your going to put that extra battery in the bed, use a big group 78. (semi truck size)

Yeah pos to pos and groung that bad boy good to the frame with a hunk of #2 guage welding cable. Heck, use 2 pieces in parallel.

That Hemi will plow all day.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Get the battery tray for the right fender from your dealer it will bolt right in, no drilling necessary.
    The tray has a bracket on it so you can remount everything that was dislocated by the tray.
  4. packey

packey Member

if it will not fit under the hood put it in the bed. Go to the welding supply stor and get you some # 2 cable. Pos to Pos Neg to Neg and as was said earlier ground it .I just set my older dodge up with it's second battery and a 125 amp altenator. all my battery calbes are 2 gague they are grounded to body, block and frame. I upgraded the other wires up to 6 gauge to ignition coil. Yours should already be 6 gague. both of my batterys are P1's Good luck on the new dodge Hope she plows as well as the old ones do.
  5. plowboy21

plowboy21 Member

yeah i live im michigan just got in from 41 hours of plowing andonlything that happend is a burnt out brake light damn it i love the truck pushes 14" of the white stuff in 2 wheel drive just have to be easy on the gas pedle