1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Double acting power pak??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawntec, Nov 7, 2007.

1. lawntec

lawntec Senior Member

If I had a single acting power pak, could i reverse the positive and negative to run the engine the opposite direction? If I could...would it not pump the other way. Then could a person use realy's wired accordingly and then they would havbe a double acting pump. Am I way out to lunch here?
  2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You could make the motor run in the opposite direction but pumps used in plow motor applications are designed to run in only one direction so that they are always drawing fluid from the resivor. So basically by running the pump backwards you would not be drawing any fluid.

And if you are out to lunch, where are you at and are you buying?
  3. RipT

RipT Senior Member

As Crash said, No it will not work like you want at all. If you want down-pressure, you have to go to a completly different system design. Even then, it requires a double-acting cylinder and valve, not a reversible pump.