1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DOT seminar in Western New York would you be interested?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by grandview, Nov 5, 2007.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think I maybe able to get the DOT inspector to do one.If I can get enough people interested maybe he'll do a 1-2 hour presentation maybe make it a breakfast might cost a couple of bucks for the food and room. It would probably be in Lancaster.Let me know.
  2. big bird

big bird Senior Member

this would be nice
  3. grandview

I'll see if I can get something going again.
  4. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

let me know I'm interested Thanks Nick

DAVE IN BUFFALO Junior Member

Lets do it

I'd be interested....I'll keep checking to see where and when..Thank you in advance
  6. T-CON

T-CON Junior Member

definitely be interested., Ted
  7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

It would be in the best interest of anyone who lives remotely close to Grandview to attend his DOT meeting if he gets one set up. Making your face and company know to the DOT BEFORE you have to deal with them on the side of the road will save you a ton of headaches and $$$. And remember, starting and continuing any conversation with a DOT officer on the side of the road in a calm and polite manner could also save you a ton of $$$.
  8. grandview

I'll see if I can set something up .
  9. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Its a good idea. Only problem is the laws change so quickly, you go to a seminar today, everything is different in a few months.

We went to a seminar in April and got tickets in July for what was legal in April.. Not to mention that damn book is so thick, they are never able to cover all of it and there is always loop hole in the law so they can nail you for anything.

Get something setup. I'll come out and maybe bring a foreman or two.

Let us know man. Happy Holidays!:drinkup: