1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dot physical cards required in Md for 1 tons

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mdirrigation, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

If you are running any truck over 10,000 lbs gross vehicle weight you now need a D.O.T. physical card and have it with you while driving. And if I read the law right the fine is $250.00.
  2. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

You got that right I know from experience! Two seasons ago I was running a truck for my uncle doing on-off ramps for the state, I was running a F-350 w/a 9' Fisher and a 1.5 yard hiway sander. So make a long story short it's about 2a.m. blizzard conditions and I'm doing about my route when some cowboy rookie state trooper who's with the truck team pulls me over, takes my info and asks for my DOT card (I carry a class A w/ hazmat) comes back and say's your card expired three days a go park the truck. So thru much arguing back in forth he tells me that the fine was indeed 250. So he let me go after I argued the fact he was keeping me from keeping the roads clear so asses like him could pull people over for no apart reason. Sorry this is so long! Oh ya to boot he got the truck for over weight we fought that. Didn't relize that a bobcat bucket of sand in the sander could quilifie as over weight. In court he admided he was wrong and had no right to pull me over. I think he's the barracks Dunkin's runner!!! p.s I dont think I made a long story short I think I made it longer sorry...