1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DOT check point

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by grandview, Nov 3, 2009.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

DOT had them lined up today.

dot check pt.jpg

dot check pt2.jpg

dot check pt3.jpg

dot check pt4.jpg

2. grandview

Even had the radiation scanner out

dot check pt5.jpg

dot check pt6.jpg

dot check pt7.jpg

3. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

What were you doing just walking thru the parking lot taking random pics? Or was this on your way out of the check point with your fines in hand. LOL

4. grandview

The word was being passed a long so I drove my car over there.

5. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

I was once told (by a GOVERNMENT official) The checkpoints and DOT inspecting trucks are just revenue makers. Complete BS. Just think, everyone of those trucks are walking out of there (MAYBE) with at LEAST 1 ticket. I got pulled over before in my 6 wheeler. Guy was a complete dick, so I was back. He was going to give me a ticket for ' no rear license plate light.' He wasn't liking the fact I have auto slack's all the way around, so he couldn't wack me for inproper adjustment on the brakes. Long story short, his computer was down :D Left with 0 tickets. Dick Head

6. DakotaDarron

DakotaDarron Member

Hey Now! i would like to make it clear that not all of us DOT guys are dicks. Just the Inspectors. but I deal with there trucks all the time doing the PMB's on them and there reallynothing but a bunch of pencil pushing mechanics who cant work in our shop lol..

hey snowplow71 , we just took delivery of 6 of the case 621's with the ASC buckets on them .. havent gotten to play with them yet how do you like them ????

7. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Love them. I've got the 2 for now, but an 06 XT-ACS in the works before snow flys... Pusher being matched to them??? Go with 14's. You guys get paid by the hour:D

8. DakotaDarron

DakotaDarron Member

no pushers, I think were putting blowers on them for the U-Turn/ Cop hide outs

9. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Tell the cops to leave dunkin donuts and shovel xysport. They're the quick attach right?

10. DakotaDarron

DakotaDarron Member

correct with the auxillary joystick to control every thing!!!!!!!

11. Snowplow71

Snowplow71 Senior Member

Lets see some pictures of these big bad boys!!!!! I love new equipment, its like christmas.

12. DakotaDarron

DakotaDarron Member

Alright ill snap a few before I leave today!

13. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I assume you are talking about the truck in the last pic as the radiation scanner? It is an imaging truck. It doesn't detect radiation, it emits it. I'm sure when they scan a truck bumper to bumper the driver gets out.

14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Isn't there something in the Bill of Rights about this kind of thing?

15. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I have had my fair share of experiences with DOT across our great nation ussmileyflag. There is no doubt that the individual states depend on the citations & violations of our truckers & everyday commercial drivers. The DOT laws are written in just a way were there is ALOT of room for interpretation. When they can't find a law for a certain situation, then they just bend another to suite there needs, and that no BS. While most violations are petty stuff that can be rectified immediately on site, or even coaching on an officers part, it's been my experience that the ticket book comes out and the "I don't care" attitude is asserted. I would say 85% of the officers I have dealt with are egotistical a** holes, even when given the "yes sir" treatment. Come to Maine were they take it one step further into the corrupt zone; the writing DOT officer prosecutes you, not a States attorney, & most DOT violations are not only DMV reportable, but are CRIMINAL.

I witnessed an argument in court between a DA and a DOT officer while waiting on my case to be called. The judge had to intervene as it was starting to get heated. The judge said this amongst other things "If DOT law were a body of water it would be a swamp in Louisiana." :rolleyes: Good thing the cop lost my paperwork that day.

With all that being said, I recognize the NEED for DOT regulations, and I am grateful to them for doing there part in keeping the roads safe. I just wish they knew how to balance the BS along the way.

16. Master Brain

Master Brain Junior Member

My question is what are they doing on private property?

17. grandview

That place is only open on weekends and that's the main trucking road there too.

18. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

I stay away from there. Also the plaza over on Transit that they like to setup in. I mainly run I90 to william street but you never know where they could be rolling! Never seen one setup like that though.

19. grandview

Stay away from Lancaster Lanes on Transit Rd they started over there too.

20. Master Brain

Master Brain Junior Member

Don't take this the wrong way buttttt, I'am all for inspections, in a DOT scale house, rest area,or any other roadside area where it is safe, but I would have to wait out in the road on this one because it is private property, unless the officer can show me it is their (state or fed.) property.If not I would have to ask someone to sign MY log book showing they are taking all liabilties in case something should happen(pulling in or out of that lot getting hit,another truck hitting mine) you get the idea. But they won't sign it. . missed the final countdown