1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Door rattels

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RBRONKEMA GHTFD, Apr 20, 2009.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Hey guys, when I have my window down and shut the door without slamming it something rattles inside. Sounds like something is loose or something. The truck is a 04 sierra 2500hd ext cab with power windows . Any thoughts? The window goes up and down just fine. I'm just sick of hearing whatever is rattling around rattle.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Pop the door panel off and check the 6 10mm headed screws that attach the winder regulator assembly to the inner door skin. I've found a few over the years that those screws we're loose, causing the same sound your hearing when the window is down. Of course look around in there too while you have the panel off to be sure nothing else is loose but there actually isn't much in the doors on those trucks so you won't need to search all that much.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Thanks B&B. I'll check it out as soon as I get a chance. If it keeps raining I'll check it tomorrow otherwise this weekend sometime. I'll let you know. Thanks again.