1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

door buzzer

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by forrpets, Mar 16, 2003.

1. forrpets

forrpets Junior Member

does anyone know how to disconnect the door buzzer on a 94 dodge ram 1500? It is annoying me and anyone who rides in it. I can not ever have the radio on with the door open, sit with the door open if it is running, etc.. thanks

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

There are two wires going to the drivers door courtesy switch.One is for the dome light,the other for the buzzer.Just diconnect the one for the buzzer (light brown I think,i'll have to double check).

3. bls47303

bls47303 Junior Member
    from indiana

before disconnecting the wire look at your fuse pannal near the flasher there should be a rectangular box plugged into the fuse pannal (i think it is white) unplug it it is the buzzer.

4. forrpets

forrpets Junior Member

buzzer box

hi,
    thanks for all the info. i cannot figure out which wires. there are around 20 wires. also, the box on a 94 is caged in. it is black. but extremely difficult to get to.

5. wyldman

wyldman Member

Don't unplug the buzzer,it can cause other problems.Just disconnect the wire like I described above.Only takes one second to pop out the door switch and do it.

6. forrpets

forrpets Junior Member

hi again,
    I honestly thank you so much for the info. I am leary of disconnecting that wire because I have heard of so many problems by doing so, but I will try it. Check out the below site. Let me know if you cannot read it. Dan
    http://dodgeram.org/tech/mods/electric/door_buzz.htm

7. forrpets

forrpets Junior Member

8. wyldman

wyldman Member

I have heard of no problems in disconnecting the wire at the door switch.You will loose the chime\buzzer to tell you the door is open or you headlamps are on,but that is the purpose of disconnecting it.If your concerned about it,cut the wire,and splice two wires to the cut ends,and run them to a switch.This will allow you to bypass it when you want to shut off the buzzer.

9. forrpets

forrpets Junior Member

HI,
    I just spoke to an electical mechanic who told me of someone who disconnected one of the wires and the fuel injection computer went down after 100 miles. The person then found out it was a whole safety issue. Dodge Dealers will not give me any info. I am on my way out to cut disconnect the wire now. sorry if I sound like a pain. I just want to make sure. Apparently I am one of many who are annoyed by buzzer.
    dan

10. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Dan,have faith in the wyldman-he be da man!woudn't steer ya wrong:waving:

11. forrpets

forrpets Junior Member

right on. dan

12. wyldman

wyldman Member

I don't blame you for being concerned,there is a lot of bad info out there on the internet.I have done my Dodge,and numerous others,no problems.The ECM or computer isn't even remotely tied into that circuit anyways,it was probably just a coincidence.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Arc ! :waving:

13. forrpets

forrpets Junior Member

HI Again,
    I took the door switch out and it has 3 wires. A black with white stripe, a black with brown stripe, and a yellow wire. I tried getting to the buzzer. what a pain. the emergency brake, other wires, a bunch of other _____. I think I tore my hand to _____. I then tried to pull the next little plug off to get to the end of the wires to try and test which one was correct. That plug has 4 different tiny clips to keep it from being easily removed. I then just unplugged the black switch that pushes in and out when the door opens and closes. The buzzer does not turn on now but neither does the dome light when the door opens.
    Sorry to be such a pain.

14. wyldman

wyldman Member

The yellow wire is for the dome light.The black with white stripe is ground,so the black with brown stripe is probably the one you want.

15. forrpets

forrpets Junior Member

HI Again,
    I cut the black wire with brown stripe, then the dome light and buzzer would not work. I want to put a switch on it. Still trying. I have put so much time into this. Have a great day, Dan