1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

door ajar buzzer

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Lubold8431, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

I have a 1999 Chevy 2500. The driver's side door ajar buzzer drives me nuts. It doesnt shut off unless the door is shut. Does anyone know how to disable this buzzer?
    Plowing this weekend, it was driving me nuts, getting in and out of the cab a few times leaving the truck running and having this buzzer going off. I would really like to get this thing shut off.

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I'm wondering the same about the bell in my 2006 GMC.

3. truck5029

truck5029 Member

door

Look under the dash the door buzzed should be on or by the fuse box when you find it unplug it

4. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Is it not played throughtout the speakers on the 06 though. That were I always thought it came from. Sure sounds like it

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

on the k series vehicles, open the door, look under the dash kinda near the pedals and follow the sound, just unplug it! There is a little catch on the side of it so don't just try to yank it out.....on the newere vehicles, the sounds i played over the speakers and my dad nor I has been able to figure out how to make it stop on his work truck (02 suburban 2500) soon to be his.

but on my truck, that door buzzer came out before i even drove the thing off the guys lot!!

6. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Thanks man. That has been driving me nutty...