1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dont you hate it when...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Gusco, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

You are about 2/3 thru your route and a customer calls from the area you started in and says i need plowed. This one in particular is under aggrement with a trigger if 6 inches. I guess they woke up and tried shoveling it and with all that ice they said forget it. I get mad because i called them this morning while in that area knowing the snow would be heavy with ice. and they said no we will do it. i said ok no problem. Just one of my pet peeves. I told them ill come out but im charging 10 bucks more. they said ok. Still pisses me off.

2. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

I don't put up with crap like that from people because all it tells them is that they can pull whatever kinda **** they want.
    I've been at this 17+ years so I took my share of baloney back in the first 5 or 6 years.

3. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

I have two that have triggers like that---In my contract with them it states if they call for a push and it's below the set trigger, it's an additional $20--They are trying to save a buck, and sometimes are PIA's. This cuts the BS. The ones that want the triggers are trying to save themselves money the additional fee curtails the phonecalls. Best of luck--this won't help you this season, unless you want to push the issue!!!!!!!!

4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

$10 more??? Should'a did double or nothing.