1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dont want it to snow ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CNYScapes, Nov 25, 2007.

1. CNYScapes

CNYScapes Senior Member

How many of you are in the same boat as me? I have about 95% seasonal contracts, so I really dont want it to snow. I make more money when it does not snow.

2. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i dont have any seasonal's. we don't get but jsut a few storms a year. we have some seasonal sidewalks but hardely worth wishing for no snow

i don't know why i am replying to this post since i have no seasonal's, i guess i am trying to make "plowsite.com addict" LOL;)

3. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

one of the largest and most profitable snow clearing contractors in the US is in Kansas City. KC only gets about 10-20" per season and you can bet they NEVER want it to snow. it's not like they have any equiptment, it's all subs.....

4. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

even if I had all seasonal's, I would still want snow. I just like everything about it.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Same here all seasonal. I like a "Green' Christmas both ways,no snow and green grass on the ground I can see!:D

6. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Oh jesus. Just go away. :cry:

7. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

same here, same percent

8. heather lawn spray

you haven't been doing this for 18 years yet have you?:cry:

9. big acres

big acres Senior Member

Jay Brown

Would the company you speak of happen to be True North? They have recently entered this market. We have a nice mix of per-push and seasonal accounts, so snow or no snow we win. I would not seriously wish for NO snow, as your seasonals will become guns shy and want a lower monthly rate or even a per push bid next season.

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Not in my area. Everyone is always worried about the next "Big One" and they don't want to be caught short.Besides every year is a new year.

11. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I am not talking just plowing, I like snow for alot of other reason as well.

12. heather lawn spray

I have a heavy equipment operator on the Bobcat over the winter. He has the same attitude. I can't get him out of it, he's having too much fun

13. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I love the snow. I do it cause it fun! Thats what I do is run equipment all year long, and Im in that line of work casue I love it! No sence in having a job you dont like! cmon snow!!!!

14. cod8825

cod8825 Member

Yea I agree I am per push only and want it to snow at least every two weeks. In response to Jay Brown I believe that only one of two companies that he could be talking about it Snowmen and True North. I work as a sub for Konrady's here in KC

Matt

15. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I could care less either way.

I have enough seasonals to invoice about $7k / month whether it snows or not, then I have enough accounts where I invoice an additional $1k each time it snows to cover the fuel, expenses and wages when it does.

If it snows okay, if not at least all my bills are covered all winter.

16. heather lawn spray

Again . . .

Let's put it this way

Did you enjoy sittin' at a desk in school in your last year like you did your first year in kindergarten?

17. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

everybody has differnt feelings. Yeah, your right, I dident like school, casue I would have rather been out working, but lets look at it this way, my grandpa farmed from when he was a kid till he died! Now I know for a fact that he could have very easaly retired when he was 60 but he kept on till he physicaly couldent do it anymore. Everyones got things that they love doing and wont ever get tired of and snow removal is mine. I relize its not yours, but im sure you have something that you would never get sick of doing.

18. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I love SNOW I liked it before I plowed I like it now! for the seasonal guys you better pray for snow. Try selling seasonal contracts in Florida! Without snow eventually people will stop getting seasonal contracts.

19. heather lawn spray

Your grandpa I can see. Growing things. YES. Pushing frozen stuff in the dark . . uh only 'til growing things again next spring.

20. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

well I'll let you know in 18 years how I feel about it, but I bet I'll still be doing it and still be loving it. Its like farming. You have your good days and you have your bad days.