1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DON'T mount the plow yet!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sir spaniourd, Dec 8, 2005.

1. sir spaniourd

sir spaniourd Senior Member

Wait until the storm gets closer. We don't want to scare it. You know what always happens...Right after you mount the plow on your truck the storm seems to shrink. Let's make sure it gets closer and.... Bang!
    this time we are going to have fun, Finallypayup

JPMAKO Senior Member

Too late.

I mounted two of them yesterday:cry:
    Seems like we are still gonna get some snow though.

3. meathead1134

meathead1134 Senior Member
    from MA

Too late my plow has been mounted since the big strom on monday :dizzy:
  4. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Too late. It's been on the Jeep since Monday.
  5. Elsewhere

Elsewhere Junior Member

almost too late.

Plow going on this afternoon. Would not want to be putting it on during the storm in the morning. Predicting 4-7 in worcester county.
  6. Houlie7

Houlie7 Junior Member

I hope the storm track changes a bit because they are calling for an inch of snow on the Cape. Suppose to mix with rain and sleet beacause of the warmer wind off the water. :cry:

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

I have been avoiding eye contact with my plow, once the first flake flys then I will be out to mount it up!
    You guys leave some for Maine alright
  8. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

We are supposed to het 4"+ out of this storm. I haven't even mounted up the plow yet, I'll do that tomorrow night :drinkup:
  9. sir spaniourd

Attention! The storm is about to be downgraded from 6"+ to just a trace or 1". ( I just had to go out and put the plow on, I couldn't resist.)
  10. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Plows will go on tonight around 7PM or so, though it seems the heaviest snow will be falling north and west of me.
  11. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

just be for it gets dark it will be put on .
    the storm is changing all the time from snow to rain ,6+ to 3 heavy snow to rain , all snow :dizzy: 4 to 8 5 to 10 more rain :dizzy: .
    what ever happens happens look out the window
  12. Remsen1

Remsen1 Senior Member

Yesterday was our third plowable. 11/26 4", 12/3 12", 12/7 6".

I didn't even get any time off after fall cleanups :angry:

But at least I got all my fall cleanups done :eek:
  13. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Well just just updated the snowfall amounts now they are calling for 6-10 :drinkup: payup BRING IT ON!
  14. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

NOAA says 5-7"+ (NOAA has a Winter Storm Warning on my area with heavy snow), weather.com says 6-10"+ by tomorrow afternoon. I'm ready, I hope it really happens this time!
  15. fms

fms Senior Member
    from Maine

Joe Cuppo just said 6-12, but maybe 18" for Southern Maine.
  16. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Senior Member

Like they even know till it's on the ground how much we're gonna get for sure. All I know is, it's coming, and I want it. And on a friday, even better. They just said 6-12" here (coastal) in maine. BRING it ON.

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Joe Cupo better be right! I watched the same thing and he said he "thinks" that is what we will get.

18. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Conditions still VERY borderline for me but they are leaning towards a senario that would put me in the 6-12" band:bluebounc Its a matter of just how much warm air off the ocean the low starts to bring into se New England which depends in turn on how close the low passes to our area. Iam usually away from rain snow/line by 10-30 miles in these types of situations so it could really go either way. I wont be suprised if we end up with just 3" but its looking like more like 8" for me. I need to get on this early as it seems AM commute will be bad but I will end up on here, wx boards and checking weather until way too late. I can never sleep the night before:realmad:

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

you won't be the only one not sleeping!
  20. sir spaniourd

I have everything ready in my truck, and every hour I add something to the list. New Cd's, adding more washer fluid, Checking the hoses in the plow for the seventh time. i can't wait too see those first snow flakes coming down...:redbounce