1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dont know what to charge

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by lilrinn1019, Feb 10, 2013.

1. lilrinn1019

lilrinn1019 Junior Member
    from MA

This is the first time ive ever plowed anybody but my own driveway. but this year a friend of a friend was is in florida for a wedding. they asked me to plow three driveways i only had to hit the edge that the town plows leave because there were cars in two of the drives the other was a two car drive which i plowed the whole thing. i had to go three times because we got 25 inches of snow. i have no clue how much to charge for these three driveways. I wanna make some money because it was a huge pain in the a** and a ton of snow i was thinking $125. is that even in the right ballpark

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

sounds good to me just got 100 for a decent drive and a smaller drive

3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

If it were me..

$20 x 2 x 3= $120.... $35 x3 = $105...total $225.

4. lilrinn1019

from MA

see i wanna charge them for three swipes because thats what it took for the two driveway ends. so iahve no problem charging them three times but they called and told me about the full 2 car drive at the end of the storm so i did that drive all at once. should i still bill them for three passes even though i did it in one.

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Well whats you price start with and how many inches
    Like my self I charge $$ for every 6'' of snow How it reads in my contact
    back in 2010 when we had over 2ft of snow Even if I cleaned one time they got charged 4 times the money

6. lilrinn1019

from MA

thanks for the help guys i think im just gonna go right in the middle of the two price i was told and charge them 150.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If it was a friend n/c.But a friend of friend is fine changing them,

8. lilrinn1019

from MA

So I billed the lady 150 today and she dropped off at my house 225 and said thanks that I did a great job and wanted to know if I would just take care of those three houses from now on

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

She paid you that fast? You didn't charge enough!;)

10. lilrinn1019

from MA

Haha I dropped a bill in her mailbox on my way to work at 430am And when I got home at 7pm I was paid. If she's gonna pay that fast ill plow anything