1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dont know what pump i got

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by FordLover, Feb 2, 2005.

1. FordLover

FordLover Junior Member

I have a '79 F250 351m with a plow. The plow is red but the lights say Meyer and the pump doesent have a name on it. I need to find parts for the pump, but i doint know where to look. The pump is inside the engine compartment and their are three hyd line that feed the rams. I cant find a name or number on the pump. i need a new valve and a wiring diagram for it. The guy i bought it frome butchered it bad.
  2. evil snowman

evil snowman Member

the pump you are describing sounds like a fisher, (underhood hydraulics). the meyer lights or any other plow light are pretty universal so that dosent really matter and the paint doesnt matter either, i have seen red meyers. to help us I.D. the plow/pump, what does the lift arm look like, straight or triangle, and does the plow have a full blade trip (spring from the top of the plow down) or a trip edge (smaller spring on the bottom of the plow).

good luck. evil snowman-
  3. FordLover

FordLover Junior Member

it has a straight lift arm, and a full trip blade. thanks for the help
  4. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

Is the pump belt-driven (runs off the engine) or does it run off an electric motor?
    The attached photo is a Fisher pump.

Jeff Pierce

5. FordLover

FordLover Junior Member

it is driven by an electric motor. i need to find a wiring diagram and parts if you would know where i could go it would be helpfull
  6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

that pump is probably made by Monarch .
  7. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just maybe

Northman uses underhood hydraulics too, with the straight lifting arm and electric motor. But the blades are blue. Could it have been painted?