1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Don't know if it'll help... (off topic)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SlimJim Z71, Feb 19, 2001.

1. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

2. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

SlimJim Z71, yeah good idea, thank's....Kraco_1
  3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanj you for the link Tim,I signed.I still cant believe he's gone that quick.After all the crashes he survived,that one didnt look all that bad.
  4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Sounds like The Man upstairs is starting a race team of his own and wanted the best driver of all time.

That is the only logical explanation for the Intimidator's untimely death.

At least he died doing what he enjoyed. I am pretty sure that he new his teammate Michael Waltrip and his son, Dale Jr. finished #1 and #2

Can any man ask for more!

#3 will always live in the hearts and minds of Nascar fans.

May God rest your soul Dale Earnhardt.

We will never forget you. :(
  5. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Good idea thanks i signed it sad sad day
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

you know. im not a dale earnhardt fan, but you cant help but feel for his family. i truly beleive he was a very talented driver, but if you retire his number you have to retire them all. what about the 45, 7 etc.? i dont think its fair too single him out. he was a great driver though. i think dale jr. should take his number.
  7. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

I feel Dale Jr. should keep his own number and make his own way in Nascar.
    Let's face the facts Dale was Nascar,they are going to have a tough time finding someone to take his place.I truly believe he made racing what it is today.He was what MJ was to basketball.
    You either loved Dale or hated him,but you always wanted to watch him when he was in the race.That is what made him so great.Dale took the marketing of Nascar to new levels and he filled the stands.
    God Bless you Dale and family
    #3 Forever
  8. Caneplow

Caneplow Senior Member

Couldn't agree more Mike; Just signed it and thanks for the idea.
  9. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

10. Mike Nelson

Just wanted to say "thank you" to the administrators for letting us post our grief and sorrow here on Lawnsite.
    For somehow I feel we are a family here and it helps ease the pain.

Thank You
  11. lawnboy53

lawnboy53 Member

I agree with Mike, thanks for leaving this here for awhile. I had a chance to meet Dale once while we were competing in an Arca race at Atlanta. He was a class act and visited with me for 15 minutes. Who was I? I was nobody to DE just a guy on a crew from Nebraska competing at a race he was not even in, but I was a fan and he took the time......
    God Bless Champ
  12. Mike Nelson

That must have been a cool experience!:D

Just telling my father in law (while watching the race)I would get us tickets to the Pocono 500.Well don't need them now :(
  13. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

We have lost a great hero and, albeit never met, a great friend and power in my life.

Race on, Dale... forever
    God speed and rest in peace

P.S. thanks, Tim for the heads up about the petition.
  14. SlimJim Z71

Thanks for signing guys. I'm not too sure if it'll help retire #3 or not, but hopefully we'll make a difference.

You all are a good bunch of guys!

15. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

I am not a big race fan but it is incredible how many lives this guy touched.Its obvious Dale was more than just another race car driver.I now wished i had followed it more to see what he and nascar were all about.I use to think it was odd that so many people that i knew would always go to Datona in February to see a race. well now i know why.Sorry i didnt get to learn about you while you were alive but you can sure bet i will learn more now
    John P
  16. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

My wife followed his career closely - she's been referred to as Leadfoot Lucy before - she cried when she heard the news that next morning. At least he and his family were doing what they loved. I'm glad our pashion here isn't so dangerous.
  17. plowjockey

As of 6:30 EST there were over 28,000 signatures on the petition.

Side note: Kevin Harvick is rumored to be running the Goodwrench car Sun. Numbered 29 and White in Color. I say rumored because no official announcement will be made by RCR until after the funeral out of respect for the family. I think this is a classy way to handle the worst kind of situation. We have lost a HUGE personality in the sport of stock car racing (I'm still trying to stop crying at the thought, but this will pass.) We must realize that RCR is a multi-million dollar business and they have contracts to satisfy. Much akin to the fact that a death or illness in one of our own families cannot be permitted to keep us from satisfying our plowing responsibilities because people depend on us to be there and do as we promised.

Long winded but I apologize.

18. SlimJim Z71

You make some good points Bruce, but I don't think NASCAR would come to a screeching halt due to the retirement of the #3. I think it would be a nice gesture, and most would agree...

19. plowjockey

You misunderstood me. I should have clarified it more. Kevin Harvick is supposed to drive Dales car or one of them but it will not be black and silver and it will not be carrying the number 3. I believe that it would be a fitting epitaph if they retired the number 3, not to detract from any others who have died previously and not had their number retired. But due to how much the #3 and Dale Earnhardt has done for Nascar. Only 43 cars can start a nasacar race and the three would not cause that big of a gap.

20. Mike Nelson

You touched on a alot of good points and my paper says the same thing. Kevin will drive Sunday and it will not be #3 or the same color black as you mentioned.

"The Race must go on" At first I didn't agree,but it just has to and that's probably what Dale would want.

Our radio station just played a couple of songs overdubbed with Dale excerpts kinda bring tears to my eyes again.:(

Deere John: Got a big chuckle :D at Leadfoot Lucy though
    Thank You