1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Don't ever use DORMAN manifolds on Super Dutys

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by sn95vert, Jul 22, 2012.

1. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

Had a big exhaust leak in my truck so I decided to replace them with a DORMAN manifold. Worst mistake ever. 6 Months later, the F**king thing cracked in half by Bank 3 cylinder. Not sure if the Casting is weak or what, but hope none of you have to use this manifold. Going to have to find a oem one soon. At least it'll be easier this time around.
  2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

I replaced mine with gibson stainless headers. didn't want to mess with another set of manifolds only to have the same problem again. got a nice little power boost too.
  3. sn95vert

sn95vert Senior Member

I'm sticking with OEM from now on. **** aftermarket exhaust. some of them just plain suck!
  4. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Yup. Aftermarket is garbage.
  5. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Lol yep I put one one once and it was cracked out of the box. They are worse them the junk ford puts on! I just did a 2008 v10. 6 out of the 10 studs had rotted off some pure quality there.
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012