1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Don't drink and drive

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vaughn Schultz, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

So a little tip for you holiday partiers out there :drinkup: .

Party's can be fun, when party-ed responsible. If one ought too drink to much thy should not drive ( or plow) thus thy individual should resort to public transportation or have a "DD" the unsung hero :salute: of the night.

But in all honesty Please don't kill people :nono:

Have fun
  2. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Ther have been posts here before that were "sticky" so they would stay at the top. Is there anyway this could be done to this one for the next couple of days. The message is certainly worth the effort.
  3. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Maybe this isn’t the place for this but it really is serious and if it keeps some one from making the same mistake than I think it’s worth saying.

I am a recovering alcoholic sober 7 years. I got 2 dui’s and thank god I never hurt anyone or got in an accident. This was pure luck and had I kept drinking and driving that luck would have run out. Both times someone called me in and I wish I could find them and thank them. I lost my DL for 5 years and it cost me around $12,000 in fines and lawyer fees. I’m not complaining I screwed up and I had to pay for my screw up. I consider myself very lucky that it only cost me time and money had I hurt someone I don’t think I could have lived with that. I’m not one of those ex drinkers that lecters people either it's just not for me anymore. Have fun but call a cab!

Hopefully this was ok to post. I never know with this topic I don't want to make anyone mad. If not feel free to delete it I won't mind or be offended.
  4. cc2004

cc2004 Member

I know what you mean Scuba
    It's been 10 years for me.I had to total my truck and a ton of money in fines before i learned my lesson.:nono:

It was the worst time of my life.I had (still have ) a wife two kids it was near x-mas and i had to figure out how snowplowing / business was going to get done.
    Everyday i would think about what i did and i get that sharp pain back in my stomach, EVERYDAY.

That one night is not worth it.
  5. The Coach

The Coach Junior Member

Its been two years for me. No major events or DUI's, just a personal decision. I have found a couple problems though.........

1. When I get together with Friends, I always have to drive everyone home.

2. Nothing to blame my lame jokes and bad behavior at parties on. :jester:

Any who.............. Happy, Safe and Prosperous New Years too all :salute:

The Coach
  6. DJC

DJC Senior Member

Hope everyone has a great New Years!!!!!!! Have fun and stay safe!! :waving:
  7. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Coach thats funny and so true. One other thing I noticed was I needed glasses. I realized that it wasn't just the booze making me see double. LOL

Anyways glad I didn't offend anyone and have a happy new year.
  8. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

I'm glad (as I know you are) that you have been reformed and now see the risks you took and and how lucky you were. I think you have a great attitude and I hope you share it with many people, it means a lot more coming from someone who's "been there"

Happy New Year!
  9. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Thanks Jer

Happy New Year