1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Don't do this.......

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Novadiecast, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

I went out yesterday to plow and saw this just down the street from my house. This truck was completely on its side at first. he had a buddy try to pull it out first then he waited 12 hours in 0 degree temps to have a wrecker come and try to pull it out. Probably was drunk and needed to sober up. I knew the wrecker driver he told me the guy told him it was only that way for 3 hours and it was almost 12 hours later. Needless to say it is frozen in about two feet of ice now. It will be there for awhile........

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

thats crazy! there was no way he was getting out of there without a heavy duty wrecker crane.

3. sno commander

sno commander PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

looks like they bent the rear bumper trying to pull it out lol. :dizzy:

4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

yeh how did they think pulling it backwards would possibly get that thing out?

5. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

6. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I bet his buddy had a little 1/4 ton or something! lol. Wonder how many tickets the police will slap on there?? Driving to fast for conditions, parking in a right of way, and leaving a vehicle unnattended for more than 48 hrs.... It's going to be expensive to get that thing out.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

damn..that would suck.

8. Novadiecast

It's been over 24 hours now and no tickets yet that I see???? No police have been involved either that I know of???? His buddy bent the bumper. The wrecker company had two big rollbacks on it and all they were doing was twisting up the frame. They walled away after they relalized he lied about how long it had been in the water in the ditch.

9. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

that could def ruin your winter:nod:

10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

there thought was the same way it went in is the sameway it should come out.

Id find somebody with a loader or backhoe. couple good lift chrais up under the front plow frame and frame section and pick the front up and put it on the road

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  11. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

they need a crane to get that thing out. The axles are resting right ont he ground, if the pull it they could demo them pretty good

12. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

I don't think he would get any tickets here either, I am sure police understand that the truck is frozen solid in there. They can't honsetly expect someone to stay by the car until they can get it out. He isn't blocking the road that much, not anymore than snow built up along other roadways.

13. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

My Grizzly could pull that thing out. :D

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I'm fairly certain that you could extract that with a single wrecker. It would of course be nice to have two, but there is definitely no need for a HD to be called out just for that.

It'd still be payup though....

15. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Someone was having a bad day

16. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

that sucks..
    do city plows go down there?? if so, keep us updated on the burrial of it..

17. oakvillerex

oakvillerex Member

i'm pretty sure i could get that thing out with my flatbed. a snatch block and some creative thinking. it needs to be pulled out from a lower point than where it is sitting. now that it is frozen in there though i feel bad for the poor guy cuz that probably wont be out for quite some time

18. Novadiecast

It is on the county side of a city road. So both City and County plow the road. The owner was down there a little bit ago with some watersoftner pellets.LOL Oh and the buddy with his 1/2 ton chevy.

19. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

Now would he be a "Legitimate plower" Or a "Plow for beer money plower" Or "Just someone that rides around with a plow on plower"? Just curious.

20. GTLS

GTLS Member

Looks like a job for O'Hare Towing! :D