1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Don't call me stupid

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by Rcgm, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Don't call me stupid but this is the first time I have looked at this part of plowsite.Snowsport?:dizzy:

I am guessing snowsport is a plow?Is this a homeowner plow like a snobear?Someone fill me in on snowsport.Picture?

Thanks Fellas
    RCGM
    Brad

2. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Never mind.:D
    I went to there sight and seen what it was.LOL

Does that thing raise and lower?

RCGM
    Brad

3. Snowman19

Snowman19 Senior Member

Yeah by HAND, which means you have to get out and pick it up PITA if you ask me. But it is very lightweight and probably fine for the average homeowner.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

my local yankee custom cap is selling these, im just waiting for the day to see some yahoo out plowing driveways for a business with this thing

5. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Eh...its a decent little homeowner unit,(I guess) and they do have a pretty neat ATV plow.

But whats the difference between a Farmer...and a Hobby Farmer?

It says that its good for both of them on the front page.

6. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

last year there was a guy here who was doing a lot of commercial work with two small SUVs with snowbears or something like that. I guess it doesn't really matter if you get a real truck with a plow package and HD suspension, pretty much anything you strap to the front of any vehicle is going to push snow around.

7. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

8. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

WOW... That is all I can say....

9. Detroitdan

I can't believe how many people slapped him on the back for that. That can't be strong or reliable, and I almost wanted to call BS on that one pic with the wall of snow in front of the little go kart. gimme a break. WHo would hire someone for a commercial lot when they dont have commercial equipment. And you know theres no insurance there either.

10. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

Hey,Dan...I dont get HIRED. I OWN that business. Thats the only lot I do. Thats a real pic, with real snow,pushed by the tracker, not anyone elses truck. get a life ,butthead.

11. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

..............that was a little funny..........:nod:

just as a point......no one that has ever hired me has inquired about my equipment........

12. Detroitdan

Okay, I was wrong, I thought somebody hired the Tracker with the Snowsport to plow a commercial lot. But nobody did.
    Does that have the plow prep package?

13. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

with a welder, any vehicle can have a plow prep package! Thanks!

14. Detroitdan

I'm just having a little fun with you. People rag on me for doing driveways with a dinosaur of a truck. I used to plow my own driveway with a Polaris 700 and a 60" plow, and that wasn't much bigger than your Tracker.:jester:

Seriously though, I haven't heard of Ziebart in a million years, I didn't know it still existed. Isn't that the undercoating company? Back when I was a kid everybodys car had the little sticker on the window saying it had been undercoated, but now there aren't anymore around, at least not in my area. Or is it just the same name and you do something else? Interesting.

15. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

Been in this business 23 years. Its not just undercoating anymore. We do full detailing, accessories, plus some great paint protection services. Theres still several hundred shops in the US, about 10 just here in the Pittsburgh area. Theres more overseas than in the states. the cost of cars over there is high, so people protect them to last forever.there WAS a shop in Portsmouth,NH. Near you??

16. Detroitdan

I'm not far from Portsmouth, been there a lot, but I can't remember a Ziebart shop off the top of my head anyway. Like I said, thats interesting, didn't know it was still around. I kind of thought undercoating was supposed to be done when I car was new, do you do it on older stuff?

17. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

used?, yea. We have a chemical that kills rust, then we coat it. Problem now , is the a-hole car dealers tell the people that they dont NEED protection, cause they have a warranty. But its only the outer sheet metal, the part ya wax. So the poor guy pays the truck off, then sees rust allover. Brake and gas lines rotted away. Then they come to me, a bit too late! Car dealers suck. I have cars from the mid 80's that I do every year, still on the road. Solid,too. Many have been painted, but structurally they are still like new.
    Every year becomes a struggle, to find ways to make money. Our paint protection, called Diamond Gloss is a great product. Bird crap washes off in the rain, Acid rain doesnt effect it. Cars stay clean longer.

18. Detroitdan

Last time the subject came up, and this was years ago, I remember someone telling me that you shouldn't do it on an older car because all it does is trap any moisture and pre-existing rust, then it makes it rust faster. Not saying that's right, I'm just saying what I heard and sort of believed it all these years. I've done some resto work on older vehicles, I always used por-15 to treat undercarriage metal and had good luck with that. Seems like every vehicle I buy needs brake lines and fuel lines replaced. Damn salt. Thinking about getting another old CJ to play with, they are always rotboxes once you tear into them, what people are doing with them now are lining the tubs in and out with truck bedliner, seems to be nearly bulletproof.

19. Voyager AL

Voyager AL Member

the spray in liner is only as durable as what ya put it on. If its rusty, the liner only bonds to paint. If its not good paint, its not worth doing. I was a Rhino dealer for 5 years. New flatbed trucks we did, ALWAYS had problems. The manufacturer didnt sandblast the steel, just painted it. We sand the paint. Rhino bonded to paint. The paint came off the steel. Customer feels the rhino didnt work, we had to show them that the rhino WAS bonded to the paint. It was his paint that wasnt bonded to the steel. Pain in the butt. I am no longer a rhino dealer....

20. corey1977

corey1977 Member
    from maine

dont call me stupid

:waving: hello detroit I think the guy you are talking about with the snow bears had a drango and a trooper I rembember his thread