1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dont buy outside of EBAY

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by bdavis, Dec 5, 2009.

1. bdavis

bdavis Member

I got a second chance offer for a Fisher Extreme V...paid the guy $2600 through paypal....guy shipped me a plow the next day...only problem was that it was a 15 year old 7'MM1...you could throw a cat through the blade....I have no recourse...paypal only covers you for an item not received...not an item different in condition as described....Guy said he shipped the extreme v but the shipping company stole it...right! Long story short...he has 23 arrests on his record...13 for violent crimes...$2600 mistake
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sucks, they have warnings on there site about that. Live and learn.
  3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Ick... that blows.
  4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

WOW- that's a real bummer!

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

paypal used to cover you if it wasnt as described??? do they not do that anymore???? i had a guy ship me a set of injectors for my car one time and they wernt the right ones, i opened a claim and i got my money refunded through paypal.
  6. Novadiecast

Novadiecast Senior Member

Did you pay for it with a credit card, if so file a claim with the credit card company. Open a claim with paypal and the trucking company possibly. Good Luck.
  7. procut

procut Senior Member

I would. Might as well at least make an effort.
  8. cowtrimmer

cowtrimmer Junior Member

How far away does he live ?
  9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You'd chase down a guy who has 13 violent crimes on his record? No plow is worth dying for.
  10. MrBillsLawn

MrBillsLawn Member

Go to small claims court. You can sue up to $3000. No side can have a lawyer, its just your word against his and the judge decides. Most courts are $45 for the case and then $30-$70 to have him served, both he will have to pay for if guilty. Most of the time once they get the notice to appear, they pay up. If he lives out of state, he probably wont show up, which gives you a default judgement. If you wind you can guarnish his wages. Good luck.
  11. fulltiltwill

fulltiltwill Senior Member

Been there done that. Even if you win in small claims there is little chance you will get any money. Most likely the guy does not have a job with a record like that so there is no garnishing of wages. Unless he owns something worth that much you are SOL. The system sucks and people are learning that and getting away with alot. Me personally I have been screwed out of over 20k with dead beat clients and companies, mostly in construction, some in lawn and snow. Honest and Hard working people always seem to get the short end of the stick.
  12. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Keeping hitting Pay Pal Bri. If it was a legit second chance offer through the Ebay mailing system, your covered. I had something similar happen to me a couple years ago, after alot of BS and me not taking no for an answer I got them to cover it.

You can also track this back through the shipping company, take a pic and find out who did the pick up. LTL isn't anything like UPS. Drivers & dock crew do remember, but you need to act as quickly as you can while it is fresh in there minds. Get a written statement to the effect the plow you have is the plow they picked up or received from him with pictures included. Make sure to talk to the Terminal's operations manager where he had this picked up or delivered it to. Then submit it to Pay Pal / Ebay.

I used to be a Operations Manager & Dispatcher for an LTL company....They would be hard pressed to get a plow off the dock and another put back in it's place without being noticed. Most docks now have cameras everywhere, Especially LTL.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  13. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Too bad you could have sold that 1 for atleast 3,500.
  14. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

If it was a Fee Bay Purchase , and it sounds like it was go to the main E Bay page , click on Community , go to - Discussion Forums , go to - Community Help Boards , go to - Trust and Safety ,
    You will learn everything You need to know by reading a few posts on SNAD . Also read some of the post on the No Pay Pal forum under the same heading , and You will understand why I refuse to use PP .
    SNAD is Covered , No Pay Pal will have to be dragged to there piggy bank by You , if You did
    "Everything Right " in Your purchase . Don't let the time limits kick in .
    There are a lot of really smart people there , ( I am not one of them ) but I am helping out in a Az. land scam , You can easily guess who I am .
    Google E Bay SNAD , You will find a ton of post popping up
  15. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Even though the seller has a criminal record.The shippers could of easily done a switch.I shipped a old speed cast headgear to a guy in WA via trk freight.I strapped it down to a pallet.With some $20.00 dollar ratcheting tie downs.A week later the buyer calls me PO'fd.Saying how could I send it to him just laying on a pallet.Some where along the ship route some J-off stole the staps.How freakin petty IS THAT............
  16. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Exactly this guy has no morals. I really thought paypal would help out on this but I really know nothing about things work. Anyone who thinks it was the shipping company I gaurantee it wasn't.
  17. warrior

warrior Junior Member
    from md

Paypal will refund you, file a dispute and if he doesn't respond in 48 hours then they will reverse the charge, item was faulty and not as described, unless it was a outside deal not thru Ebay then yes you are S h i t Out Of Luck
  18. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Any pictures of the plow ( minus the cat going through it )
  19. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

Was this paid for with a credit card through pay pal ? if so challenge it for fraud .
  20. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i only pay evilbay through paypal with a credit card.
    evilbay and paypal customer satisfaction policy is a joke. they are all about the sellers, and screw the buyers.
    i have had problems with a few sellers, and every time both evilbay and palpal told me sorry Charlie, there ain't nothing we can do.
    i hang up wit them and call the credit card company and explain the problem to them. the credit card company gives evilbay, paypal and the seller 48 hours to respond, and if they don't, they will cancel the charges, and give you a full refund.