1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dont Believe what they say about the $900 boss wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by coral, Nov 27, 2008.

1. coral

coral Senior Member

I just bought a set, they say they just bolt on....bs.... i have a 7'6 v and there was no way the wings would mount with bolts, it took torching, and welding, to get them on, i was pissed at 2 am trying to get them on the 1 yr old plow. nothing like hacking away at a new plow.... on the lighter side, i am happy with the way they look, and seem to plow, just seems like they would have a kit that does just bolt on.:gunsfiring::realmad:

2. smitty2688

smitty2688 Junior Member

that doesnt sound right. i have seen alot of boss wings installed and never any torching or welding.:eek:

3. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

You have to drill the mounting holes on plows that aren't pre-drilled....

This is actually the first negative words I've heard about these wings in the three or so years they've been out...

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't know about the Boss wings but with the Western wings there are 2 different types. One for the straight blades and one for the V plows. You can't interchange them.

5. coral

coral Senior Member

yeah, thats what i thought, however, the angled support brace on the back of the mold board, hits the cylinder mount at the same place the bracket has to go, on our 9'2 it would not have been a problem, however on the 7 6 it was. And since i had to weld in the bracket i figured it was easier to weld in the rest. i still love the wings though.

6. derekbroerse

The instruction manual shows different mounting positions and hole patterns on different plow sizes, did you follow those measurements accurately?

7. coral

coral Senior Member

yes i did, there was no way it would work as instructed.

8. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

What does a set of wings cost for a 8'2" Boss V? It is a brand new plow, just curious as to the ballpark cost.....

9. derekbroerse

$700-1000 depending on where they come from. There's a used set for $550 in the forsale section.

Coral, I have no idea. I hope I don't have the same problem!! :D

10. coral

coral Senior Member

they work great, just hope you dont have a 7'6 blade.

11. madmaxxxx

madmaxxxx Member

I put a set on a 7'6" last year and it was a bit of a pain getting it just right since there were no pre-drilled holes. But honestly, the directions were right on for the install on my plow. Love the wings.

12. coral

coral Senior Member

on a 7'6" straight blade or v blade, mine was a v

13. coral

coral Senior Member

dont mis interpet what i said, i do love the wings also, just had to mod the install