1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Don't be a sucker and take bad customers because your new

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by snowdreaming, Feb 17, 2011.

1. snowdreaming

snowdreaming Member
    from Boston

Year 1: Took every customer at a relatively low price even if they were out of the way
    Year 2: Got rid of about half of the customers and kept only the ones that I priced right and were located closer.

I am always and have been tempted to take these large accounts that are out of the way or a hassle. Now all those accounts are gone because it didnt work out. Luckily I picked up new ones to fill some spots. I have so many horror stories this year.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Horror stories from the ones you kept or lost?
  3. peterng

peterng Senior Member

that doesn't sound like very much fun. Only one way to learn when you are pulling numbers out of your bum. As long as you are keeping judicious records of T&M you are on the right track to repair.
    Good luck,
  4. peterng

peterng Senior Member

now having mentioned that I can't T&A off my mind after scrolling back up to Grandviews avatar. Sorry for bringing that up again. Toddlers and infants make for tired moms and dry spells for dad. That avatar is much appreciated