1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John Allin, Feb 25, 2002.

1. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Well.... we're done. Contract is technically up on Wednesday night, but with sun and clear skies forecast for the next 4 days, we're demobilizing. Working round the clock now, getting equipment off the sites, shipping equipment home, packing up the temporary office and shipping home the apartment stuff we brought out here.

SLOC is thrilled with us, and have told us so on numerous occassions. It's been hard work, sometimes rough (here and in Erie), very little sleep, and a tremendous experience. I got to see some 'events' in person, took several hundred pictures, have some nice souveniers and memories to take back home with me. I've learned alot, as have my people in Erie and those that came out here with me. I'm still wound pretty tight, and need some time to 'decompress'.....

I'm planning on leaving here by Noon on Wednesday, driving home via a roundabout route. Want to be home by the 8th if the schedule works the way I want it to. Going up to Minneapolis for a couple days to visit friends, then a day or two in Chicago, and a stop in Cleveland for an interview with one of the trade magazines, and then home for 4 or 5 days. Then maybe a week in New Jersey with my parents (and lots of sleep). Then back at it again.

I've been asked if I'd do it again....

Ask me in a month.

Keep smiling Gang !!!
  2. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Good to hear from ya John! Great job out there, and I'm looking forward to hearing about it at the symposium in St Louis....................................:cool:

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

John glad to hear that you are still with us! Before you leave say hi to Mitt and tell him he can run for govenor now in Massachusetts and win in a landslide ;) .
  4. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

He could do the same here in Utah......

True...... but we have better beer :) .
  6. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

glad everything went well.

7. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey, hey - JD, WE have the better beer here in Canada! :D And I even brought some down to Poughkeepsie as proof.

Oh, BTW John, now that you're headed back this way will you be bringing some snow for the rest of us? You seem to have had a bit of a monopoly on it for the past little while............. ;)

Rob you should have Sam Adams, BETTER THAN LABATT(S;) )
  9. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Congrats, John,

Glad to hear success is finally reality!

10. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

Glad you got through it, John.

Sounds like you really did a great job out there.