1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Done Timbrens on a 2500HD?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Antnee77, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I am trying relentlessly to put these damn front Timbrens on my 03' 2500HD and they just wont go. I have the bolt through the lock washer, the angled washer, and the huge washer and into the Timbren and I can't get it to tighten. I can't get in the area as it's so freakin tight! How the hell is it done!?!? Do you have to remove the shock because it's in the way??? Someone help me, I just spent 3 hrs on one side and got absolutely nowhere. :mad: :angry: :realmad: :gunsfiring:
  2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

You try a long extension on a socket? They are very easy to do, not to rub it in.
  3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Joe is correct a socket with about a 6 inch ext, took me about 3/4 hr to do mine. Had a little trouble getting the drivers side started but pass side went right in.

Good Luck Mike
  4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Thanks for the help guys.

I agree 100%, they are a piece of cake, but it's just the tight spot that the hole is in. I ended up getting it through the use of a small friend. :D

Thanks for the help boys, and have a safe New Year! :drinkup: