1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Done pushen....snow is great!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by skyphoto, Mar 4, 2002.

1. skyphoto

skyphoto Member

30 gal of fuel 6 inches of snow 5 acres of parking lot 5000lb salt later........

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

wheres all the snow? i see the pile on the side of the truck, but everywheres else looks like there wasnt anything but a dusting?
  3. skyphoto

skyphoto Member

Well....Its probably considerd a dusting by CT standards but down here in the ozarks this is a hum dinger! Especially since the following two days after this storm it has gotten down to 6 degrees at night....Plus this mall has a movie theatre that lets its last show out around 1:00 am. Here is another pic when it first started......The first pic is taken in the upper right hand of this picture. Oh ya the piles of snow are all wind rowed in the middle of the lot.....In this entire lot I am only allowed to pile it in these two locations due to melting and refreezing @ night. :D

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

ok. that pic defines it better:D . it just looked like it hadnt snowed much in the first pic
  5. skyphoto

skyphoto Member

Another one...

6. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

How do you like the Lobo???
  7. skyphoto

skyphoto Member

Really like it Jim......Never gives me any problems. I dont have to do much back dragen so I dont get ta use the down pressure for that but it sure is nice when ya start hitting a little hard pack and it keeps the cutten edge down instead of letting it bounce up and over it. Only thing that I have begin to notice is the finish is starting to bubble on the blade where it gets chipped.....I called the dealer and he said it should not be doing this & to bring it up so he can take care of it for me..Some people have had problems with the welds and such but I have had no such problems....Even with a little abuse from those pesky speed bumps (ya can barely see one in that second pic I think) I have even grown to like the MONGO control box that scared me at first! Any other ?'s feel free to ask!!!:)
    One more picture of the finished product looking the other direction!

8. Nailit1954

Nailit1954 Senior Member
    from ma.

Nice! Really enjoyed the pics! I could really use some here in Ma. I also plow a theater , nursing home , and some small lots.
    Your job looks like a lot of work for one truck. How many inches have you gotten ?
  9. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

what's that white stuff on the gorund and falling from the sky :confused: :confused: :confused:
  10. skyphoto

skyphoto Member

We got about 6" of the white stuff Nailit.....It is a huge job for one truck but we really dont get enough snow to have a fleet of plows on standby..I have a friend that plows also that is used for any emergency I may have..So when it goes to snowing I can count on spending at least 15 hrs plowing & salting....I do have a 60" blade for my 721d Grasshopper that is used for cleanup in tight places. This snow I spent almost 30 hrs of plow,salt & cleanup time.....after this much time turning that steering wheel the palm of your hand is in pain! I cannot imagine if I had a manual tranny!!! I got about 6 mpg pushing this snow!

I feel for you guys up north! It's gotta be rough to plan on something and get nearly nothing! :(