1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DONE My Blazer and Project plow completed

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mowerpan, Nov 16, 2005.

1. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Well heres some pics of my 7 foot meyer blade and western very old school cable operated pump. I bought the plow and pump for 20 bucks, and after a year of working here and there on it now its done.
    What it got:New pump motor, new pump seals, screen, used joystick modded to work with it,paint, new pivot tubes and pivot pins, new moldboard, new pump power cables, and a new mount I made.

Blazer sinks a little lower then I'd like but I'll turn the torsion bars a little and not drive around with the plow anymore then I have to.
    The first too pics are the befores, and the chain was just to use tonite for pictures till I get a chain.

Picture 119.jpg

Picture 125.jpg

plowpainted2.jpg

paintedplow4.jpg

plowpainted.jpg

2. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

haha good man that plow came out flippin sweet. time for sum action pics:drinkup:

3. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

OO don't worry next time it snows(snowed for the first time last nite, not so much snow as slush tho) I'll be sure to get some pics. I tell ya. This plow took alot of work, and many times I skrewed up and peoplo n here and lts let me know it:p, now I think i got a setup that's pretty solid. I'm happy with it. It was prolly around 350 bucks when all was said and done but I'm happy with it and I learned alot from it and can proudly say at age 17 I did it all myself.

4. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

nice blaz what year is it and have u had any trouble with 4wd any pics of it with plow up

5. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

It's a 93. Nope no trouble with the 4wd but i consider myself quite knowledgeable with the s-10's 4wd system so any questions feel free to ask.

Ya the pic painted plow 4 is witht he plow up..notice the tight chain. It just wasn't all the way up because my angle lever likes to move on its own(has no cable Im not using angle so I need to come up with something to keep it in place as if the angle levers out of center the plow wont go up . But in that pic its hard to tell but plows about 3 inches off the ground.

6. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

ok i got a 1991 chevy s10 blazer 4 door 4.3 4wheel drive
    it it does not go in fourwheel drive all the time and grinds goign in to 4 lo

7. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Hey ur in bark river ey ? not too far from me in esky.
    Common problems on these trucks 4wd:
    Not engaging front axle-vaccum actuator under battery tray or vacumm lines not work. Too check get to the actuator and take the vaccum line off the actuator and put it your finger over it, have the vehicle started and put into 4wd, if you feel like its sucking your lines check out. If not, start looking for leaks in the line, best way is to get a bottle with soapy water and spray it on the vaccum lines. Then blow on the vaccum end of the hose as another person looks for bubbles coming out of the line, or you can use a air nossle but use very little pressure, dont wanna blow the line off.

As far as grinding, it might be that theres not enough vaccum pressure to actuate it so its actuating it enough to partially engage but not fully. It's best to stop your vehicles motion when entering 4 low also.

First thing to do tho is like i said above. If the vaccum checks out you might have a problem in the front diff. One a kid in my class last year we had to swap over the front diff from a parts blazer to his, as inside it was messed up. That sure was a pita to do.

8. ljrce

ljrce Senior Member

ok thanks for the info i will check it out this weekend

9. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

3" is not very much clearance....better not drive to far with it that low...

10. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Only in the pic is it up 3" the plow goes up much more, about 6 " or whatever the stroke of the western cylinder is.

11. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

Looks like the cylinder is almost all the way up... and isn't the are out farther than the lift cylinder to make it travel even further????

12. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

It's a lil more then half way up. Ok i didn't measure how far the plow was up I just guessed. Jeez. How about this, next time i move it I'll take pics of it all the way up and then take a measurement for you.

The are out farther? huh? Arm? Hmm i don't know as far as that goes? No clue. But let's put it this way, when the cylinder is all the way up like i had it last night(no pic) the plow was plenty off the ground.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2005
  13. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I mean the lift cylinder look like it too close to the chain attachment point... And just looking at the pictues it does not loo like it is very far off the ground... but maybe it is the point of view...it does look like the plow is tilted a bit like you chains were uneven...so maybe that is it

14. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

It was the POV, because it's 3-4 inches off the groudn in the pic. The plow was slanted because i didn't have a pin through the manual angle so the play in there was why it was liek that.

15. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Whichever.... Looks Nice!!! Good Job!!!

Thats what i need for driveways!

All_Clear

16. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

3 or 4 inces is not much like I said before... I cant imagine driving it around like that not to mention if you angle it it will never leave to ground on the trailing side...

17. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Ok I guess you just don't get it or something but when it's fully raise it's PLENTY far off the ground, just as high as the other plows I see around town.

18. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Hahaha He is sayin he had the plow lifted "only 3-4 inch" for that picture not that it only lifts that high. Geeshhh

19. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYIN:p thankyou haha at least YOU get it:)

20. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Couple pics, Handles the plow real well I think, but with the plow I don't think it's really got any more suspension as this thign barely had any travel and was a rough ride as is plow makes the ride worse... but that is expected and this plow comes off after the storm anyways. Got about 300 lbs ballast but could use more, rear suspension barely goes down with 300 lbs.

No action pics YET didn't take any yesterday and now everythings ice. Only one problem now. My cheezy free to me(already had em) plow lights. They arent tall enough. Plow blocks them when all the way up.

PlowSnow.jpg

PlowSnow2.jpg