1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

done for the day(both of us)

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by dgresetar, Nov 24, 2005.

1. dgresetar

dgresetar Junior Member

putting it away for the night. had my turkey and my nap. ready for my evening turkey sandwiches. just writing hoping everyone had a happy and safe thanksgiving. got alittle plowing in so over all it was a pretty good day.take care.DG

done for the day.jpg

2. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

Hi, is that a snowbear plow??

3. dgresetar

dgresetar Junior Member

yep

yeah its a snowbear.started as a 82" now its a 94"(added 6" on each side)to extend past the wheels.

4. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

add on

DG,
    a couple of shots of the add ons please....!
    You are the reigning SB mentor :redbounce
    I have thought of mounting some sort of plow wings,in that I do a fair amount of clearing parking spaces at my apartment houses.

5. dgresetar

dgresetar Junior Member

94" snowbear

hey dune. easy extention job if you have torchs and a welder. i took a peice of cardboard and traced the reinforcment at the end of my plow. cut the cardboard tracing out. transfered that to a piece of 4" wide,3/16" thick flat stock steel. measure the length,i cant remember it. transfer the shape of the cut out cardboard onto the steel and start cutting and grinding. those are your new ends. you'll need two,one for each end. get you a couple of feet of 2by2 angle iron, the same thickness, and cut 4 pieces of 6" each. those are your extentions to the frame. you weld them to the end to extend the existing angle iron. weld the pieces you cut earlier to the ends of your frame extentions. moldboard is just two pieces of 6' wide by 24' long ,1/8'thick sheet metal. start the instalation of the moldboard at the bottom. just match it even with bottom of the existing moldboard. i just bent it to match the curve of the plow. tack welding as i went. heat the top to bend it to match whats there. see,not to bad actually. alittle time but nothing to bad. not to much of a SB mentor, just dont mind working on it to fit my likeing. i'll have to check but i think one of those pics i took earlier shows the back of the extention. really not much to see,just matched what was there. take care and good luck.

6. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

You have the winch or the actuator? I think with the actuator being even better then the winch there a defininte good homeowner plow.

7. dunedog

dunedog Senior Member

Thanks,DG:salute:

8. dgresetar

dgresetar Junior Member

winch

hey mower. i got the winch with the chain. i dont know about whats best. I know I haven't had a bit of trouble with my winch since i've gotten it.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  9. dodge_dude

dodge_dude Member
    from canada

I found the winch type to be better because it goes up higher.
    I got the the actuator type and the blade only goes up a foot and a half off the ground. I had to add two 1 and ahalf inch pipe to rase it high enough.