1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Done deal-pack it up!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawn king, Feb 24, 2008.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I know most of you good people don't want to hear this but its time for the green industry to rockNroll. Ten or twelve consecutive days of warm sunny weather to dry things up and we shift into landscape mode.:drinkup:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just make sure you salt after your done!

[​IMG]

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Its got to get really warm and sunny to dry up 12 inches on lawns and pile 6-8ft at the ends of driveways and 2-3 feet windrows from town crews. Plus this is New England, only a rookie landscaper would think winter is over now. We'll get 1 or 2 in March if not April.

Sure start getting ready, I have been tuning equipment the last two weeks, but you won't be rolling onto lawns arounds here for 6 weeks, unless you want to rut up the lawn good.

4. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Same deal here- at least another 2 weeks before ground will be close to dry enough for cleanups- and that's only after 2 weeks of dry, warm weather- it's not over yet!payup

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I will always 2-3 good snowfalls in March and sometimes a couple in April. Last March, we got two over 12"; plus several smaller ones.

6. lawn king

If friday was the last of the snow & the weather warms up, we will start landscaping march 10th.

7. Flipper

from CT

Supposed to be a soaking rain Tuesday then below freezing the rest of the week with more snow on Saturday.

If you showed up on my property to do landscaping March 10th I would no longer be your customer.

8. Flipper

from CT

Well today is the 10th. You start lawn king?

Lets see, we had soaking rains and now the ground is frozen again. End of March before I will be on lawns.

Of course we still could see snow.

9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

20inchs of snow i wont be mowing for sometime o ya i still gotta buy me new mower

10. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

i would be lucky if i could get the mower from the shed without tearing up my turf

11. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

dude we are spreading salt here not smokin it!! march 10th you'be landscaping?? that sounds like a good story line for the "twilight zone" i've plowed in april the last 4 years. good luck with those cleanups.

12. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Just plowed a foot this weekend. No lawns in the near future here.

13. TLC Snow Div.

TLC Snow Div. Senior Member

Its very tempting to jump the gun and get out to cleanup anywhere the snow has melted but i'm going to use the time to get ready and start when i know its safe. Its getting close though...

14. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I say another 2 weeks here in jersey, but im going to start getting ready on the 18th!:rolleyes:

15. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

not packing it in yet

well i'm not giving up yet, we still hav time at least in my area, cleanups won't even start till well after easter, i'm not taking spreaders off till early april.prsport

16. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Well, everybody in Maine can get ready for several days of 10" snowfalls. I just unloaded my ballast this afternoon.:rolleyes:

17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Mick,pretty soon your going to have to start getting ready for next winter!

18. lawn king

Snowplows will be buried behind 10,000 lbs of lime & fertilizer by saturday!

19. JohnsonLawn

JohnsonLawn Member

Thanks for the heads up, I will expect it to snow on Sunday now.:D

20. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

You just guaranteed your self a snow storm!