1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Done deal - pack it up !!!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by lawn king, Feb 25, 2010.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Its all over for us southeast massachusetts contractors! You can put me on record for making the call on 2 25 10. Revenues for us down by 50% compared to last winter! Oh well, there's always next winter correct?
  2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

We better have an awesome summer after all this.
  3. F350plowing

F350plowing Senior Member

i bet we maybe get one more plow-able storm hear in Minnesota so i say bring on spring for mowing
  4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

I dunno, Sunday nights forecast is one to watch.
  5. BuffaloJoe

BuffaloJoe Member

Maybe the Federal Government will bail you out. It seems to be a pattern now.
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

That blows...

March is my snowiest month, but am looking forward to grass growing again.
  7. Jim Karns

Jim Karns Member

You think you're alone in this pal...??? Here in S.W. Ct - nothing....I theorise that Connecticut sucks so bad, we can't even get a snowstorm to hit. Almost every storm either goes North or South of us. This crap has been going on all winter long. I'm sitting at home - ready to go .....what do we have? Rain. And the bozo weather guessers should be fired....They are inept, and they are clueless..... The guy on channel 3 (today - Thursday) was current giving snowfall totals THRU WEDNESDAY! WTF! These bafoons can't even get the day right.......:realmad:
  8. bru z71

bru z71 Senior Member

i am about to pack it in my self payed my brand new plow off this yr was hoppin for better but theres alllways next yr
  9. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

i'm sorry to hear that you guys didn't get much snow. we've been there before in mid ohio. this year we had record snowfalls though.
  10. lawn king

This winter was not a complete dud, we had some snow. 1993 was the worst winter i have ever worked, we mounted up once to push 3" of slush, that was it! Three years later (1996) we got 112". You just never know what winter will bring, snow can make you or break you.
  11. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Well its an emotional roller coaster.................. Last year we had 207" and every other storm was 18-24" now this year it started out ok till Jan 15 and then it just flat lined ................. I think we have had like 40" all year. March can be a big month for us but it never lasts and this year the ground is already unfrozen; so its going to be interesting to say the least. We are going to be down around 60% this year from the looks . A normal year here is like 120" so last year got us spoilt! But 40" that just is a tease!
  12. lawn king

60 degrees here today, plows getting washdown, fluid film bath, and going into semi storage monday.
  13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Thats crazy cause we had record breaking snowfall and I stayed busy almost all winter. The last time we had a winter like this year was 1993!
  14. lawn king

Pittsburgh & boston are quite a distance apart, its not unusual for us to have very different winters.
  15. deere615

Oh yes I know you guys usually always get more, I just found it odd that our 2 busiest snow seasons were your 2 slowest
  16. Snow-Con

Snow-Con Member

Why? It's logical. When the jet stream stays further south you guys get snow. When it's more normal, it comes north, you don't see as much snow, but we get it up here.
  17. deere615

I guess so hopefully the jet stream stays south next winter also:D
  18. snowdreaming

snowdreaming Member
    from Boston

I want to sue a cloud.
  19. lawn king

That being the case, i hope you are very slow next winter. :D
  20. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Very slow here this winter, Putting summer tires on today maybe this will get it to snow, but I am not going to hold my breath.