1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Domestic plowing question

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by sledaholic, Oct 15, 2015.

1. sledaholic

sledaholic Junior Member
    from NH

Hello all.
    I am looking to mount my 1st gen. Fisher Minute Mount 6.9" Plow Serial #130217 / plow #18456 off my 1993 Nissan extended cab 3.0l on to my MFG.11-98 model 1999 GMC Jimmy SLT 4.3L. I understand this is an older set up, but need a smaller truck to circle my house with a metal roof that sheds constantly through out our harsh N.H. Winter's. This Jimmy will also be my summer transporter to take mileage off my GM 2500 Hd. I have been in contact with a Fisher dealer who said Fisher has deleted or changed some part numbers and suggests I look in the used market. I have seen earlier examples with a torsion bar, up to 1998, to the rear to help distribute the load out front. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks. -Sledaholic (into Vintage & newer Snowmobiles)

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

If I understand the question, you want to take off the frame/plow, and install on the Jimmy. You gotta find the correct mount, or make one. Or find a complete used plow set up that will fit. See if you can move this to the Fisher area. You will get more response there. Big question, can you weld/fabricate?

3. sledaholic

sledaholic Junior Member
    from NH

Thank you. I can weld and fabricate plates, but if it needs torsion bars it may be easier to find a more compatible truck. What sucks is that the Jimmy is really clean and I would like to use it.