1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dome lite/cargo lite 1999250Super Duty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by heightkyak, Mar 21, 2006.

1. heightkyak

heightkyak Junior Member
    from 01860

Dome lite and cargo lite switches on below 15 MPH and off again above 15. Sounds strange? The vehicle has had many problems and don't want to spend $ 650.00 for Ford to fix a dome lite.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try cleaning the door contacts if it has any or lubing the switch's. I have had 2 Ford Windstars that do the same thing. The dome light would come on,not go off and the door open light would come on.
    Just clean them with some steel wool and dab some WD40 etc on them to keep them from corroding again.
  3. J29

J29 Senior Member

Door Sensor

I have a 99 F350 and had the same problem. The door ajar and cargo light would stay on until 15mph, then the cargo light would go out. I had it looked at when I had the truck in for a major servicing and the tech told me that it was a common problem. They replaced the door sensor which was only working sporadically. $6.00 part but ended up with an hour worth of labor cost to get it fixed. Hope that helps. J.
  4. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I had the same situation with a 97 Ranger I had....like it was mentioned above, $8.00 part, but the thing is buried inside the door up by the handle and the latch and is a ***** to get to and disconnect and replace.